Windows 10: Windows Activation on new hardware

Discus and support Windows Activation on new hardware in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,So, I have followed all the help steps to be able to switch my digital windows key over to my new pc and my new PC isn't showing up even though I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jake Dove, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Jake Dove Win User

Windows Activation on new hardware

Hi,So, I have followed all the help steps to be able to switch my digital windows key over to my new pc and my new PC isn't showing up even though I'm logged in with the correct account.I have also tried deactivating my windows key from one to device and have entered it on my new pc and still is not showing up in the devices yet when I look at my account on the website and other devices it shows my new PC.I'm unsure what to do at this point as I have a windows key that is not active on any device yet will not work with my PC after all the troubleshooting.

:)

Jake Dove, Oct 12, 2022

2. Activation on new hardware

In the activation troubleshooter, when it detects no problems or gets to the end screen, click "I changed hardware on my PC recently", and select the license that corresponds to your PC. You might need to restart your PC.

orangeturtle197, Oct 12, 2022
  3. Jákku Win User
    Activation on new hardware

I had already completed the troubleshooting steps you have suggested and the process simply ends up with 'Unable to activate windows'. Error message persists.

Jákku, Oct 12, 2022
  4. Windows Activation on new hardware

Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
      • Press I recently changed hardware on this device
      • Select the old computer in my Microsoft account
      • Says unable to reactivate windows - try again later - and links to here:
      • Reactivating Windows after a hardware change
      • I've been through it nothing is relevant or helps
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.
    Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

TobiasPreston, Oct 12, 2022
Thema:

Windows Activation on new hardware

1. Windows Activation on new hardware - Similar Threads - Activation hardware

2. Activate Windows on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows on new hardware: Hi,I've recently changed my CPU, MOBO and RAM, and now I get an annoying message on my screen stating I need to Activate Windows again.It says that if I changed HW I need to log in as an admin and then press the troubleshoot, but it doesn't do anything, just says "Windows...
  3. Activate Windows on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows on new hardware: Hi,I've recently changed my CPU, MOBO and RAM, and now I get an annoying message on my screen stating I need to Activate Windows again.It says that if I changed HW I need to log in as an admin and then press the troubleshoot, but it doesn't do anything, just says "Windows...
  4. Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC: I've built a new PC from scratch and installed Win11 Home via USB. I'm trying to activate it with a new genuine key. When I installed Win11, I allowed the process to carry across my OneDrive info from my account. Now when I go to activate Win11, I get an error: 'Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC

Windows 11 Home won't activate - thinks my new PC is just new hardware on my old PC: I've built a new PC from scratch and installed Win11 Home via USB. I'm trying to activate it with a new genuine key. When I installed Win11, I allowed the process to carry across my OneDrive info from my account. Now when I go to activate Win11, I get an error: 'Windows...
  6. I cannot activate windows after reinstalling no hardware changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot activate windows after reinstalling no hardware changes: Hello . I re installed windows and no hardware change , I went to see if my windows was activated it says no so i click fix ot did a trouble shooter and it says it cannot activate cause of the internet . I have the internet working . Did the troubleshooter and no fix . Not...
  7. I cannot activate windows after reinstalling no hardware changes

I cannot activate windows after reinstalling no hardware changes: Hello . I re installed windows and no hardware change , I went to see if my windows was activated it says no so i click fix ot did a trouble shooter and it says it cannot activate cause of the internet . I have the internet working . Did the troubleshooter and no fix . Not...
  8. Windows not activated after hardware change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not activated after hardware change?: Hello,Recent I decided to upgrade some of my hardware, I game and was looking for a boost in performance. I swapped out my GPU for a stronger one and didn't receive any issue, but when I updated my BIOS and changed my CPU for a different one, suddenly my Windows isn't...
  9. Windows not activated after hardware change?

Windows not activated after hardware change?: Hello,Recent I decided to upgrade some of my hardware, I game and was looking for a boost in performance. I swapped out my GPU for a stronger one and didn't receive any issue, but when I updated my BIOS and changed my CPU for a different one, suddenly my Windows isn't...
  10. Computer hardware changed, can't activate Windows Pro license

Computer hardware changed, can't activate Windows Pro license: Recently, my laptop has changed the SSD, then I need to reinstall Windows on the laptop with new SSD, my laptop can't activate the the Windows 10/11 Pro license. The error message said it cause by the laptop hardware was changed.I try the Troubleshoot, Get Help Online but all...