Windows 10: Windows Activation Problem on Upgrade

Discus and support Windows Activation Problem on Upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just purchased an upgrade from windows 10 home to pro. It completed the upgrade, restarted, and activated the new features. But now it says that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alarinel, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Alarinel Win User

Windows Activation Problem on Upgrade

I just purchased an upgrade from windows 10 home to pro. It completed the upgrade, restarted, and activated the new features. But now it says that the windows version is not activated and shows the enterprise edition. If I open the store to check on the status it says you don't have a genuine copy of enterprise and then says get genuine. When I click that I get code 0x8000FFFF with CV: ozIX+OC8AUu+PXLQ. It say's we're not sure how you get here but you can't buy this version of windows 10.

Not exactly thrilled with the process at the moment. Does anyone know how to fix this kind of ridiculous problem that the Windows Store can't correctly sell Windows 10 and has apparently deactivated my copy?

:)

Alarinel, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 1, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jan 1, 2020
  4. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Activation Problem on Upgrade - Similar Threads - Activation Problem Upgrade

2. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  3. Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade: HiWe keep a spare licensed and activated Windows PC which we use for upgrading hardware. To make the new device compatible with windows 11 we had to install windows 10 onto a new hard disk with the previously activated windows 10 hard drive as the D: drive. So we always have...
  4. Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade: HiWe keep a spare licensed and activated Windows PC which we use for upgrading hardware. To make the new device compatible with windows 11 we had to install windows 10 onto a new hard disk with the previously activated windows 10 hard drive as the D: drive. So we always have...
  5. Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home: I own Windows 10 Home and have purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. However, I have not received any activation key and when trying to upgrade in Microsoft Store, I'm asked to buy it again. Can someone please explain how this can be happening in 2022? I'm really...
  6. Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home: I own Windows 10 Home and have purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. However, I have not received any activation key and when trying to upgrade in Microsoft Store, I'm asked to buy it again. Can someone please explain how this can be happening in 2022? I'm really...
  7. Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10

Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10: Hello, I had windows 8.1 and then I upgraded it to windows 10 Home edition. Everything was fine for years until recently I needed Remote Connection to this desktop. The Remote Desktop Connection wizard told me I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I bought the Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Problem with Windows activation/upgrade

Problem with Windows activation/upgrade: Hello, I have been trying to upgrade my Windows home edition to Windows professional but it won't let me do it. I also get pop often that my Windows will expire but when i go to the settings it says "Windows is activated" When i go to the Microsoft Store and try to...
  9. Activation problem - PC upgrade

Activation problem - PC upgrade: Hi all, After 12 year absence of using Windows I decided to change one of Linux machines to Windows 10 and purchased a online key direct from Microsoft. Finding that the Ryzen 3 1300X PC wasn't powerful enough for my photography needs I change over the SSD hard drive with...
  10. Activating windows after upgrading PC's problems

Activating windows after upgrading PC's problems: Long story short: Upgraded main PC to new MOBO and CPU etc. Put old MOBO CPU etc into a new tower and took GPU and HDDs from second pcmostly for kids into the new tower to improve second PC. Fresh installed windows on second PC with new hardware and main PC booted up without...