Windows 10: Windows activation problem

Discus and support Windows activation problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all! I recently wiped my main pc and installed linux on it but i still had to use a few windows applications and they don't want to play well in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Onixiya, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Onixiya Win User

Windows activation problem

Hi all! I recently wiped my main pc and installed linux on it but i still had to use a few windows applications and they don't want to play well in wine. Rather then tinkering with it for a hour or 2, i thought of just installing windows into a virtual machine. So, i got myself a windows 10 iso from ms and installed it on a vm. Now, its asking for a activation key, i thought this would just be tied into my ms account since thats how it was activated before but apparently not. I tried putting in the key i originally used to activate it but its not letting me. I would rather use a legit way of activating windows, trying to avoid going to some shady site to do it. Is this something i would have to contact ms about to fix?

:)

Onixiya, Jan 22, 2021

2. Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    activation problem

Hi,

I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 22, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows activation problem - Similar Threads - activation problem

2. I (still) have problems with activating my Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I (still) have problems with activating my Windows 10 Home: Hi. I made a post about this recently (which was ignored) and I'm trying it again. I had an Athlon X2 desktop with windows 10 home installed. I laso have an A8JS laptop. I decided I want to use that laptop and so I unistalled windows from the Athlon pc and removed it from my...
  3. Chinese Windows 10 Home to English version Windows 10 home: Windows activation problem...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Chinese Windows 10 Home to English version Windows 10 home: Windows activation problem...: Hi Microsoft team, -HP Probook g8 450 corei5 11th gen. -Preinstalled with Windows 10 Home 64 bit with a digital license. probably OEM. Please help me out, I have reinstalled Windows 10 home from Chinese version to English version and now the activation shows error. I...
  4. Windows 10 pro activation problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro activation problem: I have bought the windows 10 pro and for few months it run well but now it started to show windows activation watermark and I cant remove it.. But when I restart the pc the watermark vanishes ...but at the fresh start of the pc again watermarks pop up.. Can anyone help me...
  5. Cannot activate W10 on new machine although it activates on VirtualBox no problem

Cannot activate W10 on new machine although it activates on VirtualBox no problem: Ok, so the case here is as follows. I had Win 7 Pro key which was updated to W10 key. I think I got it with one of my old computers. Somwhere in the meantime, when I changed computers, I bought Lenovo with pre-installed W10 Home OEM so I didnt need the above one. Right...
  6. Windows activation problem, error code 0xc0000022

Windows activation problem, error code 0xc0000022: I recently got a new boot drive, because the old one failed. I bought my key back in 2016, had no issues until now. I deactivated my key from the old boot drive, but maybe I did it wrong. I already deleted everything from the old one, and formatted all of the drives. Anyway,...
  7. Windows 10 activation problem

Windows 10 activation problem: Hi, I updated my pc's hardware and now my windows isn't activated. I thought my product key was linked to my account but it seemed that wasn't the case. -_- I updated from windows 7 for free ages ago and thought my account would automatically be linked to that product key...
  8. Having problems with Windows Activation.

Having problems with Windows Activation.: I have 2 Windows Product Keys but one of them says I don't have internet even tho I have internet, and the second says I'm not connected to the organization's activation server. I need help please!...
  9. Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10

Problem activating windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10: Hello, I had windows 8.1 and then I upgraded it to windows 10 Home edition. Everything was fine for years until recently I needed Remote Connection to this desktop. The Remote Desktop Connection wizard told me I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I bought the Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Problem with Windows activation/upgrade

Problem with Windows activation/upgrade: Hello, I have been trying to upgrade my Windows home edition to Windows professional but it won't let me do it. I also get pop often that my Windows will expire but when i go to the settings it says "Windows is activated" When i go to the Microsoft Store and try to...