Windows 10: Windows activation request pop-up, 5 months after SSD change

Discus and support Windows activation request pop-up, 5 months after SSD change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Sony Vaio in 2013/2014, with windows 7 or 8. Then I upgraded to windows 10 when windows 10 was launched. 5 months ago, my SSD crashed, and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RaphaelC1, Nov 10, 2020.

1. RaphaelC1 Win User

Windows activation request pop-up, 5 months after SSD change

I bought a Sony Vaio in 2013/2014, with windows 7 or 8. Then I upgraded to windows 10 when windows 10 was launched. 5 months ago, my SSD crashed, and a technician changed it.

After 5 months, I have a pop-up asking me to activate windows asap because the license is about to expire.

Through a CMD, I found out a windows Key from oem. But when I type this key in the activation menu, there is a message saying this key doesnt work.

Please someone could guide me to sort this out. Thanks

:)

RaphaelC1, Nov 10, 2020

2. Error: "Windows couldn't complete the requested changes", "The system cant find the file specified" on Windows 10

Recently I purchased a game called rust. I have received an error saying

"Windows couldn't complete the requested changes"

"The system cant find the file specified"

I already tried this:

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    .NET Framework 3.5. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Programs and features, click on
      Turn Windows features on or off on the left pane.

• Click on .NET Framework 3.5 on the Window pop up to expand.

• Uncheck the box and check on Ok.
    • To re-install it back check on the box and click on OK.
    Also, I suggest you to install all the Windows update.

so please don't reply with this. (same thing popped up)

Please help me! I would greatly appreciate it!

Original title: I need help with framework 3.5

GetPrankdBro, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Update Windows 10 after 5 months in storage?

Hi Nitram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the latest updates on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which were the updates you found to be installed on youe device?
    • Did you check if those update are already installed under View installed updates?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "My PC has been in storage for 5 months"?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if those updates are already installed:

Follow:

• Right click on the Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • Click on View installed updates.

Step 2: Disable anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software.

Step 3: I suggest you to
    run Windows Update troubleshooter

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Windows activation request pop-up, 5 months after SSD change

Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Windows activation request pop-up, 5 months after SSD change [​IMG]

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows activation request pop-up, 5 months after SSD change

1. Windows activation request pop-up, 5 months after SSD change - Similar Threads - activation request pop

2. Activation after SSD change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation after SSD change: Hi,I have changed my SSD and did a new install of wn11 but couldnt activate it.I tried everythig I have found on microsoft support except activate by phone...I cant find that option on my PC cant reach it even by wn+R and slui 4.I did many reinstalls in the past without any...
  3. Activation after SSD change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation after SSD change: Hi,I have changed my SSD and did a new install of wn11 but couldnt activate it.I tried everythig I have found on microsoft support except activate by phone...I cant find that option on my PC cant reach it even by wn+R and slui 4.I did many reinstalls in the past without any...
  4. Windows Activation after ssd change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation after ssd change: Hello everyone, I recently got a new laptop from a retailer which had genuine Windows 10 Home single language installed. So I have been thinking of getting a ssd slot installed in my c-drive which might have me re-installing the windows 10 again and so, I called my retailer...
  5. Windows Activation after SSD change

Windows Activation after SSD change: Hi, I recently had a drive failure and had to reinstall windows on a different SSD, but I now realize that Windows 10 Home is not activated! It was activated on the SSD that failed, but I do not remember the product key as I cannot access the drive. Please Help!...
  6. Activation troubleshooting leads to 'request is blocked' pop up

Activation troubleshooting leads to 'request is blocked' pop up: Hi, I wiped my hard drive this morning after installing a new motherboard, CPU and RAM, and now I'm unable to activate windows. I've signed into my PC using the original Microsoft account that my digital licence was linked to before the reinstall, but the activation window...
  7. Activate Windows pops up after 5 years of genuine usage

Activate Windows pops up after 5 years of genuine usage: Alright, as the title says, I've been using the same product key for the past five plus years, upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro back in 2015. and suddenly, out of the blue I get the "Activate Windows" at the right bottom of my screen. By hopping to the...
  8. Windows requesting activation after hardware change.

Windows requesting activation after hardware change.: I changed my processor and motherboard today and now my Windows 10 is saying that I need to activate it again. I can't do the proccess outline here because I didn't do the first step before changing hardware....
  9. Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

Re-activation request after owning for 18 months: I have been receiving a pop up screen stating I need to activate my Windows 10 Pro. I have had this product for over 18 months. I had Windows 8 but needed to upgrade my hard drive at which time I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. The problem is I am out of town for the next...
  10. microsoft pop-ups requests

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft pop-ups requests: I am endeavouring to down load a driver from HP to enable me to sync printer to windows 10. micro soft repeatedly keeps sending me requests by pop-up for my ADMIN PASSWORD to authorise changes to comp. I donot have a admin password, how do I obtain this so that Hp driver...