Windows 10: Windows activation restore

Discus and support Windows activation restore in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; ...from what I understand, the Hardware ID is what counts, so the Microsoft account makes it easier, but is not 100% necessary. I've never had a MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bree, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Bree New Member

Windows activation restore

I've never had a MS Account. Yes, the hardware ID of a PC with a digital license is stored on the activation servers. A clean install of the same edition, Home or Pro (the license is only valid for one edition) will activate automatically.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Adityar Win User

how many times I can use windows and office activation/digital after clean install??

:)

Adityar, Apr 10, 2018
  3. WhenAgain Win User
    Windows 10 Activation Backup

There could still be a need to backup and restore windows activation.

I work in a PCN environment with Windows PCs that will never go online. Is there a way to backup/restore Windows 10 Activation without having to re-do the phone/smartphone activation?

WhenAgain, Apr 10, 2018
  4. Mak4397 Win User

How i can restore my previous product key

I have changed my Windows 10 product key accidently while experimenting, on this key windows isn't activated.

I want to restore to my previous Product key which I had lost, is there any way to restore previous product key to activate my laptop's windows

Mak4397, Apr 10, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    As long as you don't change the hardware overmuch, you've been issued a "digital license," and you've tied it to a Microsoft account, you can do this as many times as you want. The official rearm count is 1001 when you start out, but I've never had this refused, even on heavily and frequently rebuilt test machines.

Windows activation restore [​IMG]

The key phrase above is "Windows is activated with a digital license." Also, from what I understand, the Hardware ID is what counts, so the Microsoft account makes it easier, but is not 100% necessary.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows activation restore - Similar Threads - activation restore

2. how to restore windows 8 activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore windows 8 activation.: hellomy laptop has windows 8 preinstalled and activatedi buy it with windows 10 installed and activated but i can't change the screen brightness due to intel hd graphics 4000 driver incompatibility with windows 10i downgrade to windows 8.1. the same situation. impossible to...
  3. how to restore windows 8 activation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to restore windows 8 activation.: hellomy laptop has windows 8 preinstalled and activatedi buy it with windows 10 installed and activated but i can't change the screen brightness due to intel hd graphics 4000 driver incompatibility with windows 10i downgrade to windows 8.1. the same situation. impossible to...
  4. Accidentally activated OneDrive - would like to restore all files back to my hard drive and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally activated OneDrive - would like to restore all files back to my hard drive and...: Hi, I activated OneDrive on my work laptop and immediately regretted it. Initially paused the sync but realized some files were no longer local and some were so decided it was best to allow it to finish with its transfer and go from there. All files synced to One Drive and I...
  5. Accidentally activated OneDrive - would like to restore all files back to my hard drive and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally activated OneDrive - would like to restore all files back to my hard drive and...: Hi, I activated OneDrive on my work laptop and immediately regretted it. Initially paused the sync but realized some files were no longer local and some were so decided it was best to allow it to finish with its transfer and go from there. All files synced to One Drive and I...
  6. Accidentally activated OneDrive - would like to restore all files back to my hard drive and...

7. How to trigger restore point creation through GPO or other means with MS Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to trigger restore point creation through GPO or other means with MS Active Directory: Bonjour,I am running a bunch of Windows 10 and 11 in an AD domain with Windows Server 2016.I would like to create restore points on my domain computers but could not find a straight forward way to do that so far.I see some websites stating it is possible through a GPO but it...
  8. How to trigger restore point creation through GPO or other means with MS Active Directory

How to trigger restore point creation through GPO or other means with MS Active Directory: Bonjour,I am running a bunch of Windows 10 and 11 in an AD domain with Windows Server 2016.I would like to create restore points on my domain computers but could not find a straight forward way to do that so far.I see some websites stating it is possible through a GPO but it...
  9. windows activation after restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after restore: After a system restore the activate windows notification comes up. I tried to use wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in cmd but i got nothingi think this screenshot is saying i do have one...
  10. windows activation after restore

windows activation after restore: After a system restore the activate windows notification comes up. I tried to use wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in cmd but i got nothingi think this screenshot is saying i do have one...