Windows 10: Windows Activation, transferring license

Discus and support Windows Activation, transferring license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have 2 PCs with Retail licenses (from B&H), I received the serial key after my purchases, then I have 3 scenarios. (But as well I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RecklessElfo, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Windows Activation, transferring license

Hello

I have 2 PCs with Retail licenses (from B&H), I received the serial key after my purchases, then I have 3 scenarios.

(But as well I have these 2 PCs listed under devices on my Microsoft account. )
    But I see "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" under SETTINGS-->ACTIVATION, as well checked with slmgr -dli and it says "RETAIL"

1) PC, my PC died, then I will have to replace motherboard and CPU,
    I guess that for the activation server after the PC is alive again, it is going to be different PC, different Hardware ID calculation, correct?

Then just going to the activation under settings, would let me reactivate the PC.

Or I just have to remove the device from my account, and then try to reactivate it again?

Or uninstall the key from the PC, and remove the device from my account and type the key again and link the device again to my account?

2)Notebook, I want to sell the notebook but want to keep my serial to use it in another ole notebook I have, wich currently has an OEM license and I want to replace it with the Retail license?

I have to uninstall the key from the PC, and remove the device from my account and that's all? Then I will enter the serial on the other notebook and link the other notebook to my account?

3) How can I do if I want to sell the notebook with the license?

Do I have toremove the device from my account and that's all? and remove my account from the notebook, or format it?

Or I should provide the serial number?

Thank you very much.

:)

RecklessElfo, Mar 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

There is no actual deactivation method.

You can only transfer the license if its a retail license. If it came with the laptop you can't transfer it.

You can first uninstall the key.

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

slmgr -upk

Hit Enter

Next, proceed to upgrade the new laptop:

You might need to reactivate by chat support since the license was previously in use.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Windows Activation, transferring license

Andre Da Costa, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Activation, transferring license

1. Windows Activation, transferring license - Similar Threads - Activation transferring license

2. Transferring of windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring of windows license: Hi all, recently I would like to upgrade my computer from a HDD to a M.2 NVMe SSD for the boot drive. I plan to install windows again so that I can have a fresh start. But the problem is I don’t know how to port the existing license of Windows 10 pro to the new installation....
  3. Transferring of windows license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring of windows license: Hi all, recently I would like to upgrade my computer from a HDD to a M.2 NVMe SSD for the boot drive. I plan to install windows again so that I can have a fresh start. But the problem is I don’t know how to port the existing license of Windows 10 pro to the new installation....
  4. Transferring of windows license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transferring of windows license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Transferring activation license to another Microsoft account

Transferring activation license to another Microsoft account: I'm passing down my old PC running an activated Windows 10 Pro to my younger sibling. I'd like her to be able to use the PC with her own Microsoft account whilst still being activated; I'm also planning to do a fresh Windows 10 pro installation for her. I got my activation...
  7. Transfering Windows License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Windows License: I have a Windows 10 Pro VOLUME licensed laptop. I have newer laptop too, but with Windows 10 Home. I want my Windows 10 Pro in my newer laptop. Is there any way to transfer volume type license?...
  8. Transfering Windows License

Transfering Windows License: I have a Windows 10 Pro VOLUME licensed laptop. I have newer laptop too, but with Windows 10 Home. I want my Windows 10 Pro in my newer laptop. Is there any way to transfer volume type license?...
  9. transfer Windows license

transfer Windows license: I want to transfer the Windows license from one machine on my account to another. I will be removing the first machine when this is complete. I tried following this article, but could not transfer. Transferring a Windows 10 lic. key to another PC - Microsoft Community This...
  10. Transferring a Windows License

Transferring a Windows License: Ok, my old Lenovo broke recently (motherboard issue I think) and I am planning on pulling out the HDD and slottinog it in to a new laptop once I purchase one. My question pertains to my windows license. I previously purchased Windows 8.1 and therfore own a license for it,...