Windows 10: Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working

Discus and support Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased an Acer Aspire E 14 E5-473-555Y a couple years ago with windows 10. However, it's been saying that windows is not activated for a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RebeccaGibbon1, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working

I purchased an Acer Aspire E 14 E5-473-555Y a couple years ago with windows 10. However, it's been saying that windows is not activated for a while now. At first the activation error code displayed was 0xC004F074 but it recently changed to 0x8007007B. Troubleshooting says that it cannot activate windows and that I should ensure I am connected to the internet. When I re-enter the product key it says that windows cannot connect to my organization's activation server.

Can someone provide some assistance?

:)

RebeccaGibbon1, Jan 14, 2021
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Windows Activation

Hello

If you're having trouble activating Windows 10, follow these steps to fix activation errors:

1. Confirm that your device is up to date and running Windows 10, version 1607 or later. In the search box on the taskbar, type winver, and then select Winver from the list of results. You'll see the version and build of Windows.

Not running Windows 10, version 1607 or later? Learn how to update your device at update Windows 10.

2. Use the Activation troubleshooter to resolve simple errors. For more info, see Try the Activation troubleshooter below.

3. If you're still getting an error, check the list of error codes below and follow the suggested steps to resolve it.

Make sure the error hasn't changed. Sometimes when you run the Activation troubleshooter or try to activate, the error code and message will change. If the error code has changed, look up the new code below and follow the recommended steps. (If you're getting
    an error code that isn't listed on this page, contact customer support.)

Try the Activation troubleshooter

1. If you're running Windows 10, version 1607 or later, the Activation troubleshooter might help reactivate Windows if you recently made a significant hardware change (such as replacing the motherboard) or reinstalled Windows.

2. You must be an administrator to use this option. For more info, see Using the Activation troubleshooter.

You Can Also Try:

If you have a valid product key, use it to activate Windows:

Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation .

Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character product key.

Paul_Mykel, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working

1. Windows Activation Troubles: Troubleshoot and Change Product Key not working - Similar Threads - Activation Troubles Troubleshoot

2. product key not working windows 11 not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key not working windows 11 not activated: product key not working windows 11 not activated help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-not-working-windows-11-not-activated/9c91f7f0-1312-40e1-aa27-e832f03c2f8a
  3. product key not working windows 11 not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product key not working windows 11 not activated: product key not working windows 11 not activated help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-not-working-windows-11-not-activated/9c91f7f0-1312-40e1-aa27-e832f03c2f8a
  4. Activation not working with product key - 0x80041023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation not working with product key - 0x80041023: I just upgraded a significant portion of my PC, and to make sure that everything would work correctly I formatted the drive that Windows was installed on. Now that I've got a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro, I'm getting an error message every time I try to activate it...
  5. Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work: Product Key Doesn't WorkTried clean install.Computer was purchased directly from HP and was activated with the product key.After a windows os reinstall, the product key "disappeared"I have exhausted all built-in tools that cmd provides.Solutions?...
  6. Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Activation Doesn'T Work: Product Key Doesn't WorkTried clean install.Computer was purchased directly from HP and was activated with the product key.After a windows os reinstall, the product key "disappeared"I have exhausted all built-in tools that cmd provides.Solutions?...
  7. Product Key activation not working

Product Key activation not working: The error code is 0x803FA067 and I really need help activating my product key. I took it from an old laptop I had which had a retail product key meaning I can put it on another device so I tried putting it on my new computer and it says my product key is not valid. Please...
  8. Trouble getting product key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trouble getting product key: I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade for my Win 10 Home laptop from the Microsoft Store on 2/6/21. Order no. 2962729608. It was paid for through my PayPal account. I never received an email confirmation or an email showing the product key. However, I noticed that I have been...
  9. activation or change product key

activation or change product key: I have been using my window 10 pro version since 2 years but whenever I try to activate it I was unable to find my product key from my computer ,the retailer or from any where else. now wha should I do?...
  10. Product key not working for Activation

Product key not working for Activation: After the latest update I received notification that Windows 10 was not activated. When I entered my Product key I get an error code 0x0000022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-not-working-for-activation/712a4f58-1d95-44c4-af6f-e92e46c8f39c"