Windows 10: Windows activation with an account

Discus and support Windows activation with an account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have had Windows 10 for ages. It was an upgrade from Windows 7 and I have had a Microsoft account for ages. Now my screen says activate windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KennethHall1, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Windows activation with an account

I have had Windows 10 for ages. It was an upgrade from Windows 7 and I have had a Microsoft account for ages. Now my screen says activate windows. I obviously do not have a product code and when I go to troubleshoot on the settings for Activation, the screen finally comes up and says the system could not connect to the proper server. How do I activate? I have Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 based systems.

:)

KennethHall1, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows activation with an account :(

Zakin, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Windows activation with an account

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows activation with an account

1. Windows activation with an account - Similar Threads - activation account

2. Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account: I removed my Hotmail account from Authenticator because I was having issues. Now I've re-associated my work accounts successfully using QR code from my company, etc but I can't re-associate my Hotmail. When I try to add it manually, it asks me to log in using Authenticator to...
  3. Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account: I removed my Hotmail account from Authenticator because I was having issues. Now I've re-associated my work accounts successfully using QR code from my company, etc but I can't re-associate my Hotmail. When I try to add it manually, it asks me to log in using Authenticator to...
  4. Re-activate MFA through Authenticator for my hotmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is registering a computer different from linking Windows 10 activation key To a MS account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is registering a computer different from linking Windows 10 activation key To a MS account?: Hi,I’ve purchased a computer with a former factory Windows 8 licence, upgraded by its owner to Windows 10. Upon receiving it, I created a user account of my own using my MS account for registering the new device. I then attempted to install pending updates, and past rebooting...
  6. Is registering a computer different from linking Windows 10 activation key To a MS account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is registering a computer different from linking Windows 10 activation key To a MS account?: Hi,I’ve purchased a computer with a former factory Windows 8 licence, upgraded by its owner to Windows 10. Upon receiving it, I created a user account of my own using my MS account for registering the new device. I then attempted to install pending updates, and past rebooting...
  7. Is registering a computer different from linking Windows 10 activation key To a MS account?

8. Cellular account not active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cellular account not active: What does that mean "account not active" on cellular network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-account-not-active/ee6b2834-9b1a-4f41-9da9-ca0639d8a18c
  9. Cellular account not active

Cellular account not active: What does that mean "account not active" on cellular network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-account-not-active/ee6b2834-9b1a-4f41-9da9-ca0639d8a18c
  10. Have my Product ID, deviced ID, and my device was linked to my MS account. How to activate...

Have my Product ID, deviced ID, and my device was linked to my MS account. How to activate...: I recently did a wipe on my PC after the PC couldn't boot. Format the drive, and installed windows 10 using USB boot. Now I found out I didn't have my product key. I have my ID. How can I activate back my windows? Previously I was in similar situation once, and I called a...