Windows 10: Windows activation with an account

Discus and support Windows activation with an account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have had Windows 10 for ages. It was an upgrade from Windows 7 and I have had a Microsoft account for ages. Now my screen says activate windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KennethHall1, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Windows activation with an account

I have had Windows 10 for ages. It was an upgrade from Windows 7 and I have had a Microsoft account for ages. Now my screen says activate windows. I obviously do not have a product code and when I go to troubleshoot on the settings for Activation, the screen finally comes up and says the system could not connect to the proper server. How do I activate? I have Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 based systems.

:)

KennethHall1, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows activation with an account :(

Zakin, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Windows activation with an account

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows activation with an account

1. Windows activation with an account - Similar Threads - activation account

2. Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity: Hi, I set up my children with Microsoft accounts as family members. They required hotmail accounts to create a profile, but have never used them. My son changed his password and has forgotten it, logged in 3 times incorrectly and is now unable to log into his Microsoft...
  3. ALL REMOTE IS TURNED OFF , THESE ACCOUNTS WHERE ACTIVE YESTERDAY HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE...

ALL REMOTE IS TURNED OFF , THESE ACCOUNTS WHERE ACTIVE YESTERDAY HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE...: I get the feeling that someone is reconfiguring software on my computer because it does not act correctly. Now, I have searched in Network Discovery for years to see why this was going on and I have sought Tech help, reset my computer more then enough to know that this is...
  4. Cannot activate windows 10 account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows 10 account: Hello, I recently upgraded my computer motherboard and am required to reactivate my account I have already tried using the troubleshoot method in which it states my microsoft account does not contain any linked devices even though when i got to my account I can see my pc on...
  5. Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account

Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account: So basically I have recently bought a brand new PC. I have created an Installation media on my USB drive for Windows 10 installation. I have Windows 10 on my current PC that is linked to my Microsoft account. How would I transfer that licence to my new PC in order to...
  6. Windows is activated with a digital license key linked to your Microsoft account

Windows is activated with a digital license key linked to your Microsoft account: I have installed Windows 10 Pro to My PC. In activation section, it shows that "Windows is activated with a digital license key linked to your Microsoft account" Now how can I be sure that this windows version is GENUINE? Please help......
  7. Suspicious account activity

Suspicious account activity: I rarely use my ages old hotmail account, but I do have it set up for POP access from my PC - Windows 10, with Outlook 2010, so it's is poked at least once a day. I received a notice of suspicious activity and when I checked the log, I found: Device/platform Windows...
  8. Account and PC actively compromised. PC disabled. I NEED CUSTOMER SERVICE

Account and PC actively compromised. PC disabled. I NEED CUSTOMER SERVICE: ACCOUNT COMPROMISED . PC DISABLED. WHERE IS MICROSOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/account-and-pc-actively-compromised-pc-disabled-i/00e390b1-cf7c-41aa-985b-d385406470b9
  9. Activation/Fix Account Error

Activation/Fix Account Error: Hi, so I received a notification that I would need to "Fix My account", and apparently this could occur if "my password has changed". That hasn't happened, but I proceeded to "Fix the account". There was also the following error code given: "0xC004F012" I noticed it stated...
  10. Activation of Windows 10 Ent in Microsoft 365 E5 account

Activation of Windows 10 Ent in Microsoft 365 E5 account: Dear colleagues, We recently ordered our CSP 3 MS 365 E5 licenses for testing together. As I understand it, this license "activates" Windows 10 Ent on a notebook already running Windows 10 Pro, right? But for this activation to work we must have Windows 10 Pro configured to...