Windows 10: Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard

Discus and support Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a copy of Windows 10 pro in february, shortly thereafter I upgraded my motherboard. My windows 10 installation told me I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TerryHenry4, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard

I purchased a copy of Windows 10 pro in february, shortly thereafter I upgraded my motherboard. My windows 10 installation told me I need to reactivate. Reactivation doesnt work as it always says it cant contact microsoft servers. In my accounts billing history I can clearly see my purchase of windows 10 but I can not find where the actual product key is located. Could someone point me in the right direction?

:)

TerryHenry4, Jul 2, 2020
  2. ZetsZets Win User

windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067.

ZetsZets, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Graf Dyon Win User
    Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, Aug 5, 2020
  4. mshimala Win User

Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard

1. Windows Activation Wont Work After New Motherboard - Similar Threads - Activation Wont Motherboard

2. Can't activate windows after new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate windows after new motherboard: After i installed new motherboard, i can no longer activate windows.I always get error code: 0x803FABBAAlso tried linking my email, but i also get error from that.I tried to buy a cheap key on the internet, still doesn't work.I'm sure no key works on this machine any longer....
  3. Can't activate windows after new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows after new motherboard: After i installed new motherboard, i can no longer activate windows.I always get error code: 0x803FABBAAlso tried linking my email, but i also get error from that.I tried to buy a cheap key on the internet, still doesn't work.I'm sure no key works on this machine any longer....
  4. Can't activate windows after new motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 wont activate after motherboard change

windows 10 wont activate after motherboard change: Hello, I recently changed my cpu/motherboard from an intel i5 6600k + asus z170 motherboard to an AMD ryzen 7 + asus B550-F motherboard, and all of a sudden windows says it isn't activated. I ran through all the troubleshooters which didn't seem to help. when going...
  6. Windows 10 wont activate after motherboard upgrade

Windows 10 wont activate after motherboard upgrade: Hi, Just looking for some help as I just replaced my motherboard on my pc and now I’m being asked to re-activate my windows 10 pro.. I have tried the troubleshooter and re-entering the windows 10 product key but keep getting the activation error 0x004f074 message. Please...
  7. Can't activate Windows after new Motherboard

Can't activate Windows after new Motherboard: I am getting told I need to activate windows, I go to settings and it says to click troubleshoot which I do, I get two options either "click here to buy new windows 10 key" or "I changed hardware recently" I click the latter which opens up a new window with a loading thing,...
  8. Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.

Motherboard Upgraded: Windows wont activate.: Upgraded to an ASUS Gaming Edge Z390, got these messages. It's a retail license, as the last screenshot shows. I've already made a thread for this, but the helpers stopped responding because I took so long.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.

windows 10 wont activate after new motherboard and cpu install.: today i decided to install a new motherboard and cpu becuase my old motherboard stopped working and after installing windows 10 and running all the updates it wont let me activate. i get error code 0x803FA067....
  10. Windows Activation after new motherboard

Windows Activation after new motherboard: Recently upgraded my gaming rig with a new motherboard and CPU. All was good for about 5 hours of gaming and browsing, when all of a sudden, I got the "Activate Windows" message pinned in the bottom right of my screen. I tried to activate via "I've upgraded my pc components"...