Windows 10: Windows Activation

Discus and support Windows Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I can remember seeing a "Windows is activated with a product code" message. Just can't remember if a partial key was also shown. The missing "with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Runnerbean, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Windows Activation

I can remember seeing a "Windows is activated with a product code" message. Just can't remember if a partial key was also shown. The missing "with a product code" in the OP screen may just be a change made with the FU? That's what it shows if not activated with a Digital License, maybe? I wonder what a Volume License install shows? Pro can be VL activated. I don't have access to VL keys to see for myself though. I think it says "activated through your companies activation server" or something similar. I have no idea what's up with the OP's current activation, and why he see's the Product ID and Product code on that screen?

alphanumeric, Nov 26, 2017

2. Put it through Check and it's Retail.

Windows Activation [​IMG]

Runnerbean, Nov 26, 2017
  3. hawkman Win User
    i suggest you google that

its certainly not unique

Roy

hawkman, Nov 26, 2017
  4. Windows Activation

When entering my original Product Key through the 'Check' option, from the Retail boxed version I purchased it says OEM: Is that normal?

Runnerbean, Nov 26, 2017
  5. Superfly Win User
    Nope! I Suspect that's the reason for the original problem.... oy vey!

Superfly, Nov 26, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You don't have a full retail version of Windows from that Product Key. You have an OEM Sy version.

Wow. Google: windows 10 bg9qv

Top two results on my computer! So the OP went from an OEM System Builder's Product Key that he thought was retail, to a publicly leaked Product Key....

NavyLCDR, Nov 26, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    It's not the same key - PID is different.

Superfly, Nov 27, 2017
  8. Windows Activation

Hang on a minute,..how can my original boxed version be OEM?? I purchased the full edition of W10 Boxed. The box is the FULL W10 Home Edition.

You guys are WRONG!!!!

The back of my retail box says:,..

This is a full retail version version of Windows 10. We recommend you back up your files before installing,.e.t.c, e.t.c.

I have two W10 PCs. My first W10 Boxed retail came from the same place - Amazon (UK). Both Full retail W10 Home Editions.

Runnerbean, Nov 27, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did your full boxed retail W10 come with a genuine Microsoft read-only USB flash drive in it? If not, then you got a fake.

NavyLCDR, Nov 27, 2017
  10. OEM System Builders edition? It would still be a boxed set, but it would be OEM not Retail.

alphanumeric, Nov 27, 2017
  11. Absolutely,..it certainly did have the MS USB in the box and was properly sealed too as was my other one for my other Windows PC that I custom built. I do know the difference when it comes to purchasing between an OEM and a Retail version.

Runnerbean, Nov 28, 2017
  12. Mate,..I can't seem to spell it out enough for you guys,...the box was a genuine Windows Home Full Edition as I stated above. It's the typical small Windows box that you buy these days and states on the back that it is the Full Windows Home Edition.

Runnerbean, Nov 28, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows Activation

Interesting! @Superfly?

NavyLCDR, Nov 28, 2017
  14. OEM system builders is a "Full Edition". Same install media as far as I know as Retail. Only difference is the license is OEM, not Retail. I'm not saying that's what you have, just suggesting that "maybe" that's what you got. It installs the same way Retail does, You won't notice any difference. Only difference, "if that's what it is" is it licenses as OEM, and not transferable. I've bought them in the past as they are cheaper than the Retail Edition. There is no noticeable difference between the two, other than one being OEM and one being Retail.

alphanumeric, Nov 28, 2017
  15. Exactly, OEM are cheaper,..so you know what you're getting!

Runnerbean, Nov 28, 2017
Thema:

Windows Activation

1. Windows Activation - Similar Threads - Activation

2. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  3. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  4. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  5. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?: I've had my computer since 2014 and it's had a few factory resets since then. The most recent one was around 6+ months ago and recently my computer told me that my Windows wasn't activated. I tried a lot of fixes online thinking it was an error but I think it has just been...
  6. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  7. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?: I've had my computer since 2014 and it's had a few factory resets since then. The most recent one was around 6+ months ago and recently my computer told me that my Windows wasn't activated. I tried a lot of fixes online thinking it was an error but I think it has just been...
  8. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  10. windows fails to activate after bios update

windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...