Windows 10: Windows Active Tiles to Go Away

Discus and support Windows Active Tiles to Go Away in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Rumors (hopefully that is all they are) of the demise of Windows Active Tiles in a future version of Windows. This is a mistake. Active tiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonS77, Jul 25, 2019.

1. RonS77 Win User

Windows Active Tiles to Go Away

Hello, Rumors (hopefully that is all they are) of the demise of Windows Active Tiles in a future version of Windows. This is a mistake. Active tiles are very useful and set Windows 10 apart from the other boring interfaces. I have also been using the benefits of Active Tiles to get users to move from Windows 7 and the Windows 10 Desktop to full screen Start Screen.

Going back to simple icons is just that, going back. It sounds like making a change for the sake of change. I don't want it. I want to keep Active Tiles permanently on my Surface Tablets and my Windows Phone 950XL!! They are useful and even work well in the small format of a phone.

KEEP LIVE TILES!!!!

RonS77

:)

RonS77, Jul 25, 2019

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jul 25, 2019
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Windows Active Tiles to Go Away

Live tiles not working Windows 10

I tried your suggestions, but when I got to the 'Apps & Features' list, none of my tiles were listed.

Thank-you for trying to help.

DorothyFabi, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Active Tiles to Go Away

1. Windows Active Tiles to Go Away - Similar Threads - Active Tiles Away

2. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  3. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows Wont Go Away: My computer suddenly says it can't activate windows. Windows was installed months back and for some reason, this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-wont-go-away/8436fd0f-e900-4bd6-942e-8039e747d0be
  4. Activate Windows Wont Go Away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. watermark not going away

watermark not going away: after the last update i keep getting the activate windows water mark and this is a payed version. how do i get rid of this?when i restart the pc it goes away for a while then it come back...
  6. Activate Windows won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows won't go away: So,today i tried every method from Regedit to Softwares to remove the "Activate Windows" thing on the bottom right of the monitor but everytime i restart my pc it's still there and i don't know what to do... submitted by /u/SgtPootler [link] [comments]...
  7. Activate Windows watermark will not go away

Activate Windows watermark will not go away: My computer was purchased new in November 2019 and it came with Windows 10 installed. For the last 9 months or so I have been trying to make the Activate Windows watermark go away for good. I've tried the Troubleshooter, modifying registry, deleting my product key then...
  8. Activate Windows watermark will not go away.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate Windows watermark will not go away.: The "Activate Windows" watermark on the lower right of my screen will not go away. I have successfully activated windows. The issue is the persistence of the watermark. I have had multiple suggestions from people on this forum of things to modify in the registry, none of...
  9. Pinned Tiles tab won't go away.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Tiles tab won't go away.: I removed all my tiles from start and unpinned them but I still get the pinned tiles tab with no tabs in it even though I removed all of them it's just a blank tab. I tried restarting and searching but came up with nothing on how to fix it. Every time I press the Windows key...
  10. Weird tile don't go away... cannot uninstall or nothing...

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird tile don't go away... cannot uninstall or nothing...: Hi there!! After my failed atempt to use build 1703, I decided to upgrade to 1607 and stay there at least until 1703 works with my stuff... However, I'm in the middle of a weird problem... well, more like an annoyance... seems MS upgraded their Feedback App (Now it's...