Windows 10: Windows acts like Windows Key is held down

Discus and support Windows acts like Windows Key is held down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the topic says. My Win 10 sometimes thinks that the Windows Key is pressed permanently and starts to open APPS and Functions when i press the key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/burnoutmax1981, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Windows acts like Windows Key is held down

As the topic says. My Win 10 sometimes thinks that the Windows Key is pressed permanently and starts to open APPS and Functions when i press the key that is bound to it, like s for search function.

Tried many things in the last couple of days. Disconnecting and then reconnecting the keyboard, reinstalled Wn10 fresh, used other keyboards USB and PS/2.

The only thing that semi fixes the problem is a restart, but even with the fresh install it happens from time to time.

submitted by /u/burnoutmax1981
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/burnoutmax1981, Mar 25, 2020

2. Incorrect functionality with the computer that acts like Tab key is being held down on Windows 10

Recently my PC started this habit where it acts like tab is being pressed down and it moves on to different clickable things and moves off of things I'm trying to stay on. This can make it hard to type and it gets so frustrating, I have to restart my computer,
    which fixes the problem only temporarily, but it eventually does the dame thing again. I don't believe this is a problem with my keyboard, as restarting fixes this. Any help given would be really appreciated.

Original title: PC acts like the tab key is being held down.

Nehpets700, Mar 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Windows acts like Windows Key is held down

Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows acts like Windows Key is held down

1. Windows acts like Windows Key is held down - Similar Threads - acts Key held

2. F1 key acts like its being held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F1 key acts like its being held down: My F1 key acts like its being held down. I checked my F1 key no debris or dust its a fairly new laptop I got it 2 months ago. This just started happening where my F1 key acts like its being held down even though physically its not. This has happened before with the CTRL key...
  3. F1 key acts like its being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F1 key acts like its being held down: My F1 key acts like its being held down. I checked my F1 key no debris or dust its a fairly new laptop I got it 2 months ago. This just started happening where my F1 key acts like its being held down even though physically its not. This has happened before with the CTRL key...
  4. Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down: My laptop is acting like the ctrl key is constantly being pressed down. I tried many solutions I could find online like troubleshooting keyboard, checking for updates, uninstalling the update that it stopped working after, pressing a series of keys. Nothing has worked. I...
  5. Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down

Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down: My laptop is acting like the ctrl key is constantly being pressed down. I tried many solutions I could find online like troubleshooting keyboard, checking for updates, uninstalling the update that it stopped working after, pressing a series of keys. Nothing has worked. I...
  6. My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down: I have tried all the windows powershell ways such as disk check sfc/scannow and dism check/restore health. None of them seemed to work. It only does this with windows applications such as settings, network and internet, taskbar, and volume. I am using it via a cable the cable...
  7. My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down: I have tried all the windows powershell ways such as disk check sfc/scannow and dism check/restore health. None of them seemed to work. It only does this with windows applications such as settings, network and internet, taskbar, and volume. I am using it via a cable the cable...
  8. My xbox controller acts like the tab key is being held down

9. My keyboard is acting weird when keys are held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting weird when keys are held down: Whenever I hold down any key for longer than around a second it starts doing its actions way too fast, for example when I hold backspace for 2 seconds it deletes half of my paragraph or whenever I press "a","b" or any other letter or symbol it starts writing like 50 of them...
  10. Random event, system acts as if down arrow key is being held down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random event, system acts as if down arrow key is being held down: I have windows 10, have had windows 10 since release. This is a newer issue that started happening this year. I have swapped out keyboards, i have a new mouse, I do use an xbox one controller for gaming but always have. And for the last ehh.. year ish this has befuddled me....