Windows 10: Windows added a language I can't remove..

Discus and support Windows added a language I can't remove.. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title suggests,Windows has a added a language that I did not add and when I go check the language settings it isn't there I've restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RiadhKhamis, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Windows added a language I can't remove..

As the title suggests,Windows has a added a language that I did not add and when I go check the language settings it isn't there I've restarted my Computer and nothing happened can someone please tell me how to remove the "KSA Arabic keyboard edition" I want the Omani one to stay.

:)

RiadhKhamis, Dec 2, 2023
  2. churin Win User

English (United States) for adding language is greyed.

The step where a list of optional languages are displayed.
    The US English is presently not installed, and there is no other language except a base language which came with W10 22H2. Edit: So I just installed the US English. That is it. The US English is greyed because I took the first step of "Add Language" and forgot completing whole steps.

churin, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Try3 Win User
    English (United States) for adding language is greyed.

I do not know which step of that tutorial you are referring to. Perhaps removing then re-adding US English & changing the display language using these separate tutorials will work better for you. Remove a Language - TenForumsTutorials Add a Language - TenForumsTutorials Change Display Language - TenForumsTutorials Best of luck, Denis

Try3, Dec 2, 2023
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows added a language I can't remove..

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

Windows added a language I can't remove..

1. Windows added a language I can't remove.. - Similar Threads - added language can't

2. I can't remove and installed language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove and installed language.: Hello!I can't remove an Installed language pack on my pc Its in Installed apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-and-installed-language/ed4feb58-6648-44b4-8890-c59116bd2d45
  3. I can't remove and installed language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove and installed language.: Hello!I can't remove an Installed language pack on my pc Its in Installed apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-and-installed-language/ed4feb58-6648-44b4-8890-c59116bd2d45
  4. Windows added a language I can't remove..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows added a language I can't remove..: As the title suggests,Windows has a added a language that I did not add and when I go check the language settings it isn't there I've restarted my Computer and nothing happened can someone please tell me how to remove the "KSA Arabic keyboard edition" I want the Omani one to...
  5. Can't remove language from language bar

Can't remove language from language bar: I have installed windows 11 by upgrading from windows 10.I have only 2 languages on windows 10.After on Windows 11 I have now 4 languages 1 Ukrainian with 2 keyboards, and can't remove second one.And I have 2 English keyboards - US, GBI have added these languages to Language...
  6. Can't remove extra languages

Can't remove extra languages: Below might be confusing to understand, but PowerShell claims I only have 2 keyboard layouts and so does Windows settings although the 'keyboard switcher' claims to have 4 languages, 2 of which I do not want. Does anyone have advice to remove these extra languages? I have...
  7. Can't Remove Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove Language: Hello, I'm having some problems with language settings that I can't remove, when I press the windows button + space bar, it appears 4 languages, en-us and pt-br, and the other two is the same language but its a different format, the formats that I use is Portuguese Brazil...
  8. Can't remove a language from the language selector

Can't remove a language from the language selector: After updating I got a problem with extra language in the language selector list. It was not there before update and now I cannot remove it. In the language configuration screen I can see only two, the one I don't need is not present, so I cannot remove it. Here is the...
  9. Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove

Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove: For some reason, after updating Windows, I now have 4 languages for the keyboard instead of 2. When I click on the "ENG" I see this: [ATTACH] I use only Hebrew and English (US) . When choosing "Language preferences", I see this: [ATTACH] Why does it occur? How can I...
  10. I can't remove a language from the list of display languages

I can't remove a language from the list of display languages: I bought a Lenovo pc in China that runs under a windows 10 pro system. However, when I tried to remove Chinese from the display language list, I found it interesting how Chinese could still be an option after I uninstalled the language pack. Chinese characters appear...