Windows 10: Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove

Discus and support Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, after updating Windows, I now have 4 languages for the keyboard instead of 2. When I click on the "ENG" I see this: [ATTACH] I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LB636, Mar 24, 2019.

1. LB636 Win User

Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove

For some reason, after updating Windows, I now have 4 languages for the keyboard instead of 2. When I click on the "ENG" I see this:

Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove 83f793e6-4fc9-4d55-9b04-877f4ba6208b?upload=true.png

I use only Hebrew and English (US) .

When choosing "Language preferences", I see this:

Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove 7dd0fbf6-9ce4-4d84-8673-5b7835de812f?upload=true.png

Why does it occur?
    How can I fix this?
    I tried to find other language settings (as written here) , but it didn't let me reach those.

:)

LB636, Mar 24, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Added more languages, now wanted to remove them.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

You may follow the below steps and check if you are able to remove the Language.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on Time and language.

• Now select the Region and language.

• Click on other language (Pyccknn) and click on
      Options
      under languages.

• Check whether the Language listed under the Keyboards.

• If you are able to see select it and click on remove.
    Else, you may try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of the control panel.

• Click on Language from the search bar results.

• Check whether you are able to see the Language, if you are able to see then select it and click on
      remove.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove

Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove

1. Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove - Similar Threads - added hidden languages

2. Windows added a language I can't remove..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows added a language I can't remove..: As the title suggests,Windows has a added a language that I did not add and when I go check the language settings it isn't there I've restarted my Computer and nothing happened can someone please tell me how to remove the "KSA Arabic keyboard edition" I want the Omani one to...
  3. Windows added a language I can't remove..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows added a language I can't remove..: As the title suggests,Windows has a added a language that I did not add and when I go check the language settings it isn't there I've restarted my Computer and nothing happened can someone please tell me how to remove the "KSA Arabic keyboard edition" I want the Omani one to...
  4. How to stop windows to adding new languages by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows to adding new languages by itself?: What wrong with windows? Nothing helpsI removed it from regedit, by cmd and in options.Anyway windows adds additional english language.This problem is following me from windows 10 Now im on windows 11.Please help how to delete this forever....
  5. How to stop windows to adding new languages by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows to adding new languages by itself?: What wrong with windows? Nothing helpsI removed it from regedit, by cmd and in options.Anyway windows adds additional english language.This problem is following me from windows 10 Now im on windows 11.Please help how to delete this forever....
  6. Language bar keeps adding languages to itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language bar keeps adding languages to itself: I don't know why but my language bar keeps adding the English US and/or English US-International options. It is not in the Language preferences > Preferred languages list when I click on it though....
  7. Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it: For some reason UK English was added to my languages, and it doesn't even show up on language settings. It is driving me insane, how do I remove it? https://imgur.com/a/1OBCITl submitted by /u/ma-kat-is-kute [link] [comments]...
  8. Removing a Hidden Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a Hidden Language: On Windows 10, I am unable to remove the DutchNetherlands language from the language preferences tab in the taskbar. I have enabled both English UK and English US and have deleted DutchNL language through Settings. The language does not show in the "Preferred Languages"...
  9. Can't Remove Language

Can't Remove Language: Hello, I'm having some problems with language settings that I can't remove, when I press the windows button + space bar, it appears 4 languages, en-us and pt-br, and the other two is the same language but its a different format, the formats that I use is Portuguese Brazil...
  10. Windows keep adding Keyboard by itself & Windows Display Language

Windows keep adding Keyboard by itself & Windows Display Language: Hello Support Team, This is completely frustrating in Windows 10 and I need a solution of that crap. I reinstalled the windows just to try overcome this problem but yet still occurring. THIS IS A BUG OR SOMETHING NEED TO BE LOOKED AT. Here is the problem I have an...