Windows 10: Windows adding components results in BSOD

Discus and support Windows adding components results in BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, When I try to add any component to Windows, the update crashes with a BSOD: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED APCI.sys I can cancel/undo the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RJH1990, Aug 14, 2020.

1. RJH1990 Win User

Windows adding components results in BSOD

Hi,

When I try to add any component to Windows, the update crashes with a BSOD: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED APCI.sys

I can cancel/undo the update using safe mode.

Laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad T590 with a clean windows install and fully updated.

:)

RJH1990, Aug 14, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Hp Pavilion g6 notepad goes hang after 5 or 10 minute of start

Hello Jordan

From yesterday I did not find any problem. But still I performed your suggested steps. I got following results.

About SFC

• Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations
    About DISM

• CheckHealth result: No component store corruption detected.
    • ScanHealth result: No component store corruption detected.
    • RestoreHealth result: The restore operation completed successfully.
    All three operation completed successfully.

maninder_salotra, Aug 14, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

BSOD when updating W10 Insider Preview (installation)

The BSOD minidump did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.
    All of the BSOD have been C2 Bad pool caller.
    The suggested steps for finding cause and effect are RAM testing with Memtest86+ version 5.01 and Windows driver verifier.
    If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 displays malfunctioning RAM / DIMM /MB then the troubleshooting will be completed once the hardware component is identified. If the Memtest86+ version 5.01 is negative then the next step would be windows driver verifier.
    If you prefer a clean install that is another option if hardware is ruled out.

The memory dump will take a while to download. So it will be troubleshooted later today.

zbook, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows adding components results in BSOD - Similar Threads - adding components results

2. BugCheck Error Resulting in BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BugCheck Error Resulting in BSOD: I have been trying to troubleshoot a frequent Blue Screen error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". System is up-to-date, drivers don't show any updates necessary, but I have been uninstalling and reinstalling just to be sure. Is there any way to identify where the issue is...
  3. Disk Clone results in BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Clone results in BSOD: Disk Clone MBR Disk fails.Ventoy MBR USB > Aomei Partition Assistant Pro 9.15 WinPE ISOLegacy BIOSHP i5 x64 Desktop 2013Source HDD 500GB 2013Target SSD 2.5" 1TB Sandisk 2023USB 2.0 portsBooted Ventoy in Legacy BIOS mode, launched Aomei Partition Assistant WinPE ISO...
  4. Disk Clone results in BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Clone results in BSOD: Disk Clone MBR Disk fails.Ventoy MBR USB > Aomei Partition Assistant Pro 9.15 WinPE ISOLegacy BIOSHP i5 x64 Desktop 2013Source HDD 500GB 2013Target SSD 2.5" 1TB Sandisk 2023USB 2.0 portsBooted Ventoy in Legacy BIOS mode, launched Aomei Partition Assistant WinPE ISO...
  5. Disk Clone results in BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Fresh Install Results in BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install Results in BSOD: So I did a fresh install of Windows 11, only to be met with a BSOD loop with multiple errors:-System service exception-ntoskrnl.exe-irql not less or equal-Reference by pointer-Kernel mode heapI am installing Windows via a usb drive. I have tried 4 different version of...
  7. Driver Verifier BsoD results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier BsoD results: I recently have experienced a lot of BsoDs, I had my PC repaired and they replaced the CPU but the problem persisted. They had another look but couldn't find any issues that would cause this and didn't experience any BsoDs when they were looking. Whenever I would get BsoDs it...
  8. Driver Verifier BsoD results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Verifier BsoD results: I recently have experienced a lot of BsoDs, I had my PC repaired and they replaced the CPU but the problem persisted. They had another look but couldn't find any issues that would cause this and didn't experience any BsoDs when they were looking. Whenever I would get BsoDs it...
  9. Stuck in a BSOD loop - new components

Stuck in a BSOD loop - new components: Hi everyone, So I seem to be having some issues regarding mynew build. I bought a second hand motherboard B450M PRO4-F, along with aRyzen 5 1600x and 2 sticks of 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400MHz RAM. These are the 3 parts I have replaced and keptother parts such as...
  10. BSOD and repair component store

BSOD and repair component store: Lately in Win 10 x64 ver1703 RS2 I have got a BSOD, 1. Bad Pool Header 2. Unexpected Store Exception 3. Reference by Pointer Bad Pool Header -- happened when I was just transfering a file to a USB and lately doing nothing. Unexpected Store Exception -- happened...