Windows 10: Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues

Discus and support Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows system administrators who want to stay up to date regarding known issues may subscribe to email alerts know that inform them of updates. Known... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 4, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues

Windows system administrators who want to stay up to date regarding known issues may subscribe to email alerts know that inform them of updates.

Known Windows issues describe problems with different versions of Microsoft's Windows operating system, which the company has confirmed. A good starting point is the Windows release health dashboard, which provides links to the supported versions of Windows and their known issues, release notes and other information.

Up until now, system administrators had to keep an eye on these release health pages to make sure that they did not miss a new known issue or updates regarding existing issues. Some used web notification tools to check for updates automatically.

Microsoft has now added a new option for system administrators. The feature is limited to IT admins "with a Windows or Microsoft 365 tenant, a subscription that provides access to Windows release health in the Microsoft 365 admin center" only. Everyone else is still stuck with checking for known issues updates manually.

Microsoft notes that this was a highly requested feature. Eligible IT administrators will receive email updates for the Windows operating system versions that they support. These include information about known issues, including about new workarounds, changes in issue status and resolutions.

Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues windows-known-issues-alerts.png

The following steps let IT administrators sign-up for email notifications about known Windows issues:

1. Open the Windows release health website in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
    2. Select Preferences > Email once the webpage has loaded.
    3. Select "Send me email notifications about Windows release health".

The preferences page displays options to add up to two email addresses. These email addresses will receive notifications, and the limit is per administrator account.

Administrators may then select the topics, Windows versions, that they want to receive alerts for. It is just a matter of checking or unchecking versions listed on the page before hitting the Save button.

Microsoft reassures administrators that there won't be any duplicate emails. If a issue affects multiple versions of Windows, only one email will be received, regardless of the versions affected.

Here is a short how-to video by Microsoft that explains the process.

Additional information about the process is available on the Tech Community website.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 4, 2023

2. Outlook sync fails after receiving SharePoint list alerts

When I receive an alert email generated by an event in a SharePoint 2007 list, subsequent Outlook synchronisations fail with an error message.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Outlook on the WP7, hit sync and ensure email is described as up-to-date.

2. Navigate to a SharePoint 2007 list and select the Alert Me option from the Actions menu. Set up an alert to be sent to your email account.

3. Make a change to an item in the list and await the event notification to be sent and then to sync to the phone.

4. Once arrived, hit the Synchronise option on the WP7 menu. The email sync will fail with an error message. No further emails will be received.

5. Tap the alert email in the Outlook list and delete the alert email.

6. Hit the synchronise option and observe that the synchronisation succeeds.

This behaviour observed on Samsumg Omnia 7 and HTC Mozart, running retail versions of the software. Carrier - Orange UK.

Richard Garner

Rik Garner, May 4, 2023
  3. Edgar Pan Win User
    no email on windows 10

Hi Rick,

To further isolate the issue, we may need additional information:

• Any troubleshooting steps you’ve done so far?
    • Have you made any changes in settings after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?

We suggest following the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to resolve the issue.

Errors sending or receiving email.

Please get back to us with the status of the issue.

Regards.

Edgar Pan, May 4, 2023
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Email alert on program failure

Is their a program I can run or some built in windows server (2012) mechanism to send an email alert to me when a program is no longer detected as running?

Solaris17, May 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues - Similar Threads - administrators may receive

2. Email alerts !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email alerts !: I have been using the Windows Mailbox/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great most of the time. Over the last few weeks I have to keep resetting it to make it work correctly. Sometimes the alerts don't work but the main problem is emails waiting ages in the...
  3. Email alerts !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email alerts !: I have been using the Windows Mailbox/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great most of the time. Over the last few weeks I have to keep resetting it to make it work correctly. Sometimes the alerts don't work but the main problem is emails waiting ages in the...
  4. Email sending and receiving issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email sending and receiving issue: "I got windows 10 and use micro soft edge. I have email through google. I am unable to send emails and a long delay getting new emails loaded. WINDOWS" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-sending-and-receiving-issue/e89847da-c476-4a51-8521-60aaf27286a2
  5. Known issues with Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Known issues with Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has released Windows 10 v1903, and it comes with an array of new features and functionalities. Microsoft is currently rolling out the update to all the users; however, the rollout is slow. As part of its transparency, Windows comes [...] This post...
  6. Microsoft details known issues in Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details known issues in Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is now available for download to seekers (advanced users). Anyone who is interested can manually download and install Windows 10 May 2019 Update through Media Creation Tool or ISO packages. The update is...
  7. Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903: This table offers a summary of current active issues and those issues that have been resolved in the last 30 days. Summary Originating update Status Last updated Display brightness may not respond to adjustments Microsoft and Intel have identified a driver compatibility...
  8. Receive email alerts for Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Receive email alerts for Windows updates: How can I get email alert for Windows 10 Monthly Patch Updates and Semi Annual Channel Updates ***Modified title from: How can I get email alert for Windows 10 Monthly Patch Updates and Semi Annual Channel Updates***...
  9. Wrong notification about a received email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong notification about a received email: My PC shows one unopened email in my Microsoft mail app. I can see the sender and the topic but I cannot delete this notification. I restarted my PC but this indication is still there. How can I remove it?...
  10. Email Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email Alert: I wasn't sure where to post this , so I posing it here. I want to warn everyone of a email I received today. I got a email saying my PayPal account was being limited because of some violations. It also contained a file that I was supposed to open to confirm my identity. I do...