Windows 10: Windows Advanced Color Question

Discus and support Windows Advanced Color Question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It doesn't look like 1903 fixed this issue. A while ago I went into the control panel/colors options in the registry and changed the text and menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mccnavy, Jun 1, 2019.

1. mccnavy Win User

Windows Advanced Color Question

It doesn't look like 1903 fixed this issue. A while ago I went into the control panel/colors options in the registry and changed the text and menu highlight colors to those matching my title bar. They look fine on a fresh start, but revert to Windows default blue (not the registry setting, just the color) after computer has gone to sleep and is awaken again. It's been like this for a long time...and I know others have commented in the past on it. I figured I'd ask if anyone ever found a fix so that custom color changes that were once available in Windows (e.g. Windows 7) will stay in Windows 10. The registry entries are still there...just not the GUI. Thanks.

:)

mccnavy, Jun 1, 2019

2. Active window taskbar icon color stand out windows 10

Hi Joechalfoun,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop, click on personalize.
    • Click on Windows Color, and click on advance appearance settings.
    • Under Windows color and appearance, click on the drop down arrow under item.
    • You can select Active title bar, Active Windows border etc, and change the size and color you want.
    • If you want different color, then click on color and click on others so that you can create your own color.
    • Once you finish making the changes click on apply and then ok.
    I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 1, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Flashing/inverting colors

Hi,

Since troubleshooting steps were provided, what I can suggest is for you to try to configure the settings on your monitor's color management. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Open Color Management by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type color management, and then click Color
      Management
    • Click the Advanced tab, and click Change system defaults.
    • Click the Advanced tab in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box, and do one of the following:

- To prevent Windows from loading display calibrations, clear the Use Windows display calibration check box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management dialog box.
    You can also refer to this link for screen flickering troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Windows Advanced Color Question

Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Advanced Color Question

1. Windows Advanced Color Question - Similar Threads - Advanced Color Question

2. Start Menu Colors Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Colors Question: Hey Guys, I recently was updated to the latest build OS.. Seems like I cant change the start color menu when Im in Light Mode. I want to be in Light Mode not dark mode and when I choose Light Mode, the change start menu is greyed out. I can only change the start menu colors...
  3. Advanced scaling question - 115% possible?

Advanced scaling question - 115% possible?: Instead of 100% or 125%, I want to select something like 115% for my Dell UP3216Q. I find 100% too tiny but think I can use 115% to 118%, that seems to be just right. does that mean if I go into "Custom scaling" and enter a custom scaling size between 100%-500% (let's say...
  4. Windows 10 v1909 ICC Profiles - Advanced Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 v1909 ICC Profiles - Advanced Color: In the Windows 10 v1909 control panel Color Management app I load an ICC profile for an HP color laserjet printer. Two sections appear in the Color Management app - "ICC Profiles" and "ICC Profiles Advanced Color". What is difference between these two sections? In...
  5. taskbar color question

taskbar color question: Can somebody help me figure out how to return the background color of my taskbar on the bottom of the screen dark/black again while leaving the overall color set to "light" rather than "dark"? It used to be that way, but somehow it got changed and for the life of me I cannot...
  6. Classic Advanced Windows Color and Appearance Dialog Box

Classic Advanced Windows Color and Appearance Dialog Box: Has the classic advanced color and appearance dialog box permanently disappeared in Win10 now? Image is below. The commands used to be rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,5 or %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL...
  7. Personalization: window color custom: Advance appearance sittings: window Color and...

Personalization: window color custom: Advance appearance sittings: window Color and...: Dear Windows 10, I have a problem! I do not like a WHITE screen!!!! It hears my eyes! In the past, I would go to Control Panel: Personalization: Window Color Custom: Advance Apperance Sittings: Window Color and Apperance: and reset what ever color of text or back...
  8. Advanced SystemCare 12 Free question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced SystemCare 12 Free question: Hi all. I use to use CCleaner to help remove junk etc from my windows 7/8.1. I came across a programme called iobit Advanced SystemCare 12 Free, has any one used this before? Just want to know if using these types of software could do more harm than good? Any one use...
  9. google chrome color question

in Browsers and Email
    google chrome color question: The recent settings redesign is too new for themes to have caught up with.
  10. Advance hard drive question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advance hard drive question.: Hello all, New here. I have a question about advance format 4k hardrives. I have been putting desktops together from various parts from the thrift store the past few years. All machines work okay, but I ran into this advanced format stuff when formatting a drive. Been...