Windows 10: Windows Advanced Sharing Center

Discus and support Windows Advanced Sharing Center in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having this problem with the File and Printer Sharing option in the Advanced Sharing Settings when imaging new PCs. Sometimes, the PC images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jared Sullivan, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Windows Advanced Sharing Center

I am having this problem with the File and Printer Sharing option in the Advanced Sharing Settings when imaging new PCs. Sometimes, the PC images correctly and has the File and Printer Sharing option enabled, where other times this setting is disabled. This happens randomly across all devices. Sometimes it even images correctly, and then disables itself. Can anybody give any insight on what is causing this?

:)

Jared Sullivan, Jul 17, 2019

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Windows Advanced Sharing Center

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Advanced Sharing Center

1. Windows Advanced Sharing Center - Similar Threads - Advanced Sharing Center

2. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  3. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  4. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting

Advanced Sharing Settings keeps resetting: In order to share files between computers on the same local network I need to go into Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center/Change Advance Sharing Settings and enable "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing." I enable these settings on the three...
  6. Network and Sharing center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network and Sharing center: Hi I am not able to open Network and Sharing center, when I click on Network and Sharing center from control panel, control panel freezes. I am stuck with an hour glass, cannot close control panel when clicking on the X, cannot open any other programs in control panel when...
  7. why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...: Why is Microsoft updates team so stupid, lazy, corrupt, or ignorant that they cannot check before an update what that computer network advanced sharing settings are and then return them correctly after an update? This farce has been going on for over two years, and they...
  8. Network/advanced Shares

Network/advanced Shares: Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders? Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking...
  9. Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings: Hello. I'm running the latest Windows 10. At the moment I'm running windows firewall. One of the reasons I'm using windows firewall is because in the advanced sharing settings, network discovery and file and printer sharing is turned off in private, guest and public, and all...
  10. Advanced sharing query.

Advanced sharing query.: I have four computers on a network. (Two are 32 bit and two are 64 bit) On three of these, if I wish to share a folder - when I go to "GIVE ACCESS TO" - I get the usual choices. On the remaining machine, I get the one choice "ADVANCED SHARING". How can I bring this into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8.1 advance sharing center blank