Windows 10: Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon

Discus and support Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure what happened here but all 3 of my USB ports have stopped working. I didn't do a system update nor did I download or install any new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonRaymond, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon

I'm not sure what happened here but all 3 of my USB ports have stopped working. I didn't do a system update nor did I download or install any new programs. The USB devices do work on other computers just not this one. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 with Windows 10.

What I have tried so far:

1. Updated USB Drivers
    2. Uninstalled USB Drivers system reboot followed
    3. System scan and repair
    4. System restore to 2 days ago
    5. System restore to 5 days ago

None of these have worked and I'm not sure what else I can do. Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

:)

JasonRaymond, May 19, 2020
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, May 19, 2020
  3. USB ports stopped working on Windows 7

Check the N97's USB cable for signs of damage at the USB end, and inspect USB ports on your mobo/case for signs of damage. Could be a short caused by damaged USB port. Gotta have good eyes when checking USB ports...

If you only installed the drivers for your N97 yesterday, there may be a conflict where the N97 driver installation came with some drivers that are conflicting with your USB drivers. Can you get a PS/2 keyboard? If there's no signs of damage to your cables/USB ports then the next step would be Device Manager.

I hang my head in stupidity... :shadedshu

scaminatrix, May 19, 2020
  4. Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon

USB Ports Not Working

I had an external wireless speaker paired and working fine until a security & windows update on 10-30-15. Next afternoon, the speaker stopped working and when I unistalled the device and tried to reinstall and Pair it via USB Port, it was unrecognized.

ClaireBoZH, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon

1. Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon - Similar Threads - USB ports stopped

2. USB ports stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports stopped working: Hello everyone, I have a Samsung Odyssey laptop with Windows 10 and all of its USB ports stopped working after a sudden blue screen error a few days ago.I've already tried A LOT of solutions that I found on the internet, but none of them worked for me.In Device Manager >...
  3. USB Ports stop working

USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  4. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  5. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. USB ports, blu tooth and Camera stopped working this afternoon...maybe other things

USB ports, blu tooth and Camera stopped working this afternoon...maybe other things: As the title says. I have check for new drivers, I have uninstalled in device manager, I have installed all optional updates. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?...
  7. usb ports stopped working

usb ports stopped working: I am using a Dell all in one desktop with windows 10. I have 6 usb ports and 4 have stopped detecting any devices. The 2 that are working have the mouse and keyboard attached. If I unplug the mouse or keyboard and plug back in they are detected. If I plug the mouse or...
  8. USB ports stopped working

USB ports stopped working: Three of the four USB ports on my Intel nuc8i3bek stopped working reliably, all of a sudden. They will occasionally all work for a couple of minutes (at the same time), then go on and off about once per second for a couple minutes, then stop working again. I have tried, to...
  9. my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden

my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden: hello all. i have been using my computer for quite some time now and all of the sudden all of my ports stopped working. i tried to install drivers but nothing helped. i uninstall usb controllers from the device manager few times. re-installed, and checked for hardware...
  10. USB port stopped working

USB port stopped working: I am having a problem with one of my USB 3.0 ports on my HP laptop. The port was working fine until I accidentally moved my flash drive which was plugged into the port. At that point the flash drive lost connection & that USB port has failed to recognize any flash drives that...