Windows 10: windows always asking to create new pin during every start

Discus and support windows always asking to create new pin during every start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when PC is off and the then switched on. Windows is always asking to create new pin. How to resolve this issueThank ypu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Subramanian N1, Sep 29, 2022.

1. windows always asking to create new pin during every start

when PC is off and the then switched on. Windows is always asking to create new pin. How to resolve this issueThank ypu

:)

Subramanian N1, Sep 29, 2022

2. Stop asking me to create a PIN!

Solved!!!!

After making the changes in Group Policy, it still didn't work and it still asked me to create a pin. I almost gave up, then I stumbled on the solution:

Change your user account from a "Microsoft account" to a "Local Account" . (Setting > Account > Your info > "Sign in with a local account instead"). I don't know if this work in combination with the Group Policy setting or not, but I do know that, for me,
    the GP setting alone didn't do it.

(MS really wants you to log in with a Microsoft account instead of a local account. During the initial setup of a new computer, it is really easy to miss the step to create a local account and instead you are "convinced" to create a MS account. This is
    exactly what happened to me. This is a new PC for me in 3 years and in the past, I have never seen this PIN and MS account things.)

History:

The reason I don't want to use the PIN is that using the PIN, my other networked computers cannot access this new PC.. When researching this problem, I saw that using the PIN is the problem. So I changed the logon to password. But ever since the change,
    it kept asking me to create a PIN. I researched for a solution and did the changes in Group Policy as suggested here, but it didn't work. Then I remember seeing something about Local Account in dealing with the network problem. That's what gave me the idea
    and it worked.

Hope it will work for you too.

Cheers.

TomThomas67245, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 29, 2022
  4. windows always asking to create new pin during every start

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

windows always asking to create new pin during every start

1. windows always asking to create new pin during every start - Similar Threads - always asking create

2. Create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a new PIN: My Windows 10 machine recently did an update. When complete my machine said my PIN is no longer available to do the change in security settings on my device. Then it asked me to click to set up pin again. When I did so the windows account page came up login page came up....
  3. Create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a new PIN: My Windows 10 machine recently did an update. When complete my machine said my PIN is no longer available to do the change in security settings on my device. Then it asked me to click to set up pin again. When I did so the windows account page came up login page came up....
  4. Create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  6. windows always asking to create new pin during every start

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows always asking to create new pin during every start: when PC is off and the then switched on. Windows is always asking to create new pin. How to resolve this issueThank ypu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-always-asking-to-create-new-pin-during/77b65371-a47f-4f68-8afd-921c7dc74d31
  7. windows always asking to create new pin during every start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows always asking to create new pin during every start: when PC is off and the then switched on. Windows is always asking to create new pin. How to resolve this issueThank ypu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-always-asking-to-create-new-pin-during/77b65371-a47f-4f68-8afd-921c7dc74d31
  8. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  9. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  10. windows asking admin pin every time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows asking admin pin every time: can I disable windows asking the admin account pin for opening a certain app every time submitted by /u/suusa_pede [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/id63vr/windows_asking_admin_pin_every_time/