Windows 10: Windows Always on VPN fails on some Wifi where cable works on same subnet Dont think its...

Discus and support Windows Always on VPN fails on some Wifi where cable works on same subnet Dont think its... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an always on VPN that I'm looking to roll out. For most of my trial users it works fine over Wifi and cable. I have found on my machine that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Martin Bufton, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Windows Always on VPN fails on some Wifi where cable works on same subnet Dont think its...

I have an always on VPN that I'm looking to roll out. For most of my trial users it works fine over Wifi and cable.

I have found on my machine that it works on my home internet cabled but not on my Wifi.

If I have the VPN connected on cable and swap to Wifi the VPN stays connected.

But a fresh connection on WIFI fails.

Cable and WIFI route through my ISP router with no firewall settings on the router.

VPN works ok over 3G tethered Hotspots on S10 and iphone.

VPN server is 2016.

:)

Martin Bufton, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jul 10, 2020
  3. vpn is not working

Hi,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Is your WiFi enabled when trying to connect to VPN?
    • Were you able to use WiFi without connecting to VPN?

If you can use WiFi properly without connecting to VPN, we suggest that you refer to your company's IT folks.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 10, 2020
  4. b7_057 Win User

Windows Always on VPN fails on some Wifi where cable works on same subnet Dont think its...

Cannot RDP to specific host in specific subnet

This issue is ripping me a new one so I'd really appreciate any help...

Layout:

desk and test are on subnet 1

frank is on subnet 2

vpn is on its own subnet but is passed subnet 1 in the vpn config (handled by router)

all are windows 10

there is full routing between subnets (pass all traffic)

ping works to all hosts, telnet over 3389 works to all hosts, TightVNC works, just rdp is acting up

window firewall is completely off on frank, desk, and test

test is a completely fresh install of windows with all updates

there is no windows domain or anything and all computers are in "WORKGROUP"

rdp testing table:

_from_ -> _to_ _result_

desk -> test yes

desk -> frank no "the logon attempt failed"

frank -> test yes

frank -> desk yes

test -> desk yes

test -> frank no "connects and show lockscreen but says 'username or passowrd is incorrect try again'"

vpn -> desk yes

vpn -> frank yes

vpn -> test yes

keep in mind telnet 3389 works even when rdp doesn't

for some reason frank is the only one that others cannot connect TO (it can connect to others) and for some reason vpn clients are able to connect to frank.

Troubleshooting:

On frank when I attempt to connect from desk/test I sometimes get the following error in frank's event log:

A CredSSP authentication to TERMSRV/<desk/test ip> failed to negotiate a common protocol version. The remote host offered version 4 which is not permitted by Encryption Oracle Remediation.

Microsoft recommends this page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093492/credssp-updates-for-cve-2018-0886-march-13-2018

Based on the above, tried setting to "vulnerable" or whatever, no good.

So I update all windows machines to the latest build so now all rdp clients are version 10.0.17134 and it doesn't help at all except now when test fails to connect to frank it has the same message as desk, that is "the logon attempt failed" and no longers shows
    the logon screen as it did previously.

I also tried creating a new account "test" on frank but that got the same error.

IF i connect frank to subnet 1 everything works fine so I think it is simply something to do with that host being on a differnet subnet. Is there anything I can set to allow rdp even though it is in another subnet. How can I rdp to frank and have it remain
    in subnet 2? please help!

b7_057, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Always on VPN fails on some Wifi where cable works on same subnet Dont think its...

1. Windows Always on VPN fails on some Wifi where cable works on same subnet Dont think its... - Similar Threads - Always VPN fails

2. net use fails to NAS on same subnet with system error 67 58

in Windows 10 Gaming
    net use fails to NAS on same subnet with system error 67 58: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 in workgroupTrying to access share on NAS buffalo in same subnetcmd line elevatednet use r: \\nasserver\images\ /user:nasserver\admin /persistent:yes System error 67 has occurred.The network name cannot be found.net use * \\nasserver\images /user:nasserver...
  3. net use fails to NAS on same subnet with system error 67 58

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    net use fails to NAS on same subnet with system error 67 58: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 in workgroupTrying to access share on NAS buffalo in same subnetcmd line elevatednet use r: \\nasserver\images\ /user:nasserver\admin /persistent:yes System error 67 has occurred.The network name cannot be found.net use * \\nasserver\images /user:nasserver...
  4. net use fails to NAS on same subnet with system error 67 58

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wifi dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi dont work: my wifi Don’t work when i pressed FN+F2 nothing happened my adapter is in the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-dont-work/ca6d96e4-b7ca-4644-b152-64199813c010
  6. wifi dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi dont work: my wifi Don’t work when i pressed FN+F2 nothing happened my adapter is in the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-dont-work/ca6d96e4-b7ca-4644-b152-64199813c010
  7. Always On VPN

Always On VPN: Looking for some consensus around the Tunnel options for Always on VPN my first thought is that using them in parallel would be the most secure option ? Appreciate any feedback on other users experiences based on a user group 6k+...
  8. Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OverBakedSOUP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvsgob/windows_no_wifi_ethernet_cable_works/
  9. Always on VPN?

Always on VPN?: Hello, I have setup a VPN server. Is it possible to have a always on VPN connection? Like, if I connect my laptop to the internet, it will instantly connect to the VPN and will not disconnect? Even if I disconnect, it should reconnect again. Is that possible? 128623
  10. Always on VPN

Always on VPN: Hello, I have a issue with Always on VPN. Some user can not connect to Always ON VPN, it says "There are no more Files" and when i check in Logbook the time connection was made i get error code 18. Before it helped just to upgrade Windows version to 1809 but even in that...