Windows 10: Windows always telling me to reboot for update

Discus and support Windows always telling me to reboot for update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A few days ago, I started getting these message boxes telling me to reboot to update, or something like. So I did the "update and Restart" option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by swampwiz, Aug 18, 2019.

1. swampwiz Win User

Windows always telling me to reboot for update

A few days ago, I started getting these message boxes telling me to reboot to update, or something like. So I did the "update and Restart" option. However, I am still getting these messages telling me to reboot.

Belarc says that I have Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803.

:)

swampwiz, Aug 18, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. P4-630 Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Ok I did another reboot, disabled windows update service, did step 3 again, this time it installed an update, enabled windows update service and did a reboot and voila!! *Peace Windows always telling me to reboot for update :peace:

Windows always telling me to reboot for update 20160416_190650-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Aug 18, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows always telling me to reboot for update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows always telling me to reboot for update - Similar Threads - always telling reboot

2. FaceBook tells me to change Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FaceBook tells me to change Browser: FaceBook telling me to change Browser (Using the MSN "butterfly" link)...….Why, or how to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-tells-me-to-change-browser/0ad2b96c-b85a-4fe7-af73-ee5bb9e93abf
  3. BSOD is telling me ndis.sys failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD is telling me ndis.sys failed: Hello, I've created this post as it was instructed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d Attached below is the mini-dump created. Your help will be highly appreciated....
  4. Windows 10 always deactivates after reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 always deactivates after reboot: Hi, I am extremely frustrated trying to solve this issue. I have called Microsoft support five times today and have only been able to reach a person once. And of course, they couldn't understand what I was saying and they asked me to repeat the product key so many times that...
  5. when I try to login to a microsoft site it always tells me that my password is incorrect...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    when I try to login to a microsoft site it always tells me that my password is incorrect...: I go to forgot me password and I am sent a passcode to reset my password and try to do it with the password that I used before and do not want to change, and it tells me I have used an old passwork and to use a new one, I want to know that if I have used an old password...
  6. Windows is telling me that I need to activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is telling me that I need to activate Windows.: I've had this problem for a few months now and have chosen to just ignore it, but I figured I've had enough of it. At the bottom right of my screen, it says "Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows" And when I DO go to settings, I get this message. [ATTACH]...
  7. my adapter wont stop telling me "the deafult getaway not Available" tell me how to fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my adapter wont stop telling me "the deafult getaway not Available" tell me how to fix it: "DEAFULT GETAWAY NOT Available" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-adapter-wont-stop-telling-me-the-deafult/53591ae2-6de8-4f7a-99a2-48276d83ec61
  8. Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...: In the task bar I see "actions needed" [ATTACH] But if I open the Windows Defender Security Center I do not see any "action needed" ! Why? [ATTACH]...
  9. please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please tell me what this is??,,Thnx!: Hi All, I just got a fresh Install of win 10 and noticed this[see screen shot] when I "right-click". [img] I had never noticed those numbers before? anyone know what they mean? THNX! ahead of time!*Smile 21706
  10. What is chkdsk trying to tell me?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is chkdsk trying to tell me?: A few months after migrating to Win10, and after applying the Anniversary edition update, I had been experiencing issues of PC hung applying other Windows updates (several updates got to restart stage but would stay 8+ hrs overnight in blue limbo), error messages from my...