Windows 10: Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning

Discus and support Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have MSI GL63 laptop and my windows version is 2004. today i noticed that my Fn key and Windows keys swapped functioning . Is this windows issue or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vedantmishra104, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning

I have MSI GL63 laptop and my windows version is 2004.

today i noticed that my Fn key and Windows keys swapped functioning .

Is this windows issue or any other? How can I solve it?

:)

vedantmishra104, Feb 14, 2020

2. New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Ummm, that is normal - depending on the function you are doing (assuming I understand what you are saying).

On a notebook, the Fn key is like a shift key that switches in a different set of functions for the F-Keys.

For example, in Windows pressing the F5 key typically refreshes the display. In File Explorer, it will refresh the displayed files. In a browser, it will refresh (reload) the webpage. But pressing Fn + F5 does something different, depending on your notebook. On my Toshiba notebook, if I hold down the Fn key and press F5, it switches the video output of my notebook between the notebook monitor, a connected external monitor, or both.

Bill_Bright, Feb 14, 2020
  3. No effect upon pressing <fn> and a function key

I have an ASUS laptop, K52JC, it used to perform certain function when combination of <fn> key and a function key are pressed simultaneously. For example -

• Pressing <fn> and <F10> simultaneously will mute the sound
    • Pressing <fn> and <F11> simultaneously will decrease the volume
    • Pressing <fn> and <F12> simultaneously will increase the volume, and so forth

I have its Windows 10 re-installed recently. Everything works fine after the installation, except when combination of <fn> key and a function key are pressed simultaneously, no effect seems to be generated, as the computer does not respond accordingly.

Please advise how to resolve the above problem.

Patrick_Yeung, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning

Dell e6220 fn keys can't adjust brightness on windows 10

We appreciate your response. Our next step is to make sure that Fn key is not disabled in Windows Mobility Center. Follow the steps below to enable Fn key in Windows Mobility Center:

• Type Windows Mobility Center using Search or Cortana.
    • In the Windows Mobility Center window, please locate Function Key Behavior.
    • Click the drop down arrow next to "Function Key Behavior" and then select
      Function key.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning

1. Windows and Fn keys Swapped in functioning - Similar Threads - keys Swapped functioning

2. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  3. What are these mysterious Fn+[key] functions?

What are these mysterious Fn+[key] functions?: While trying to solve another issue I found these weird key combinations with uncertain functions. BTW, my PC is DELL XPS 13 9310, Windows 10 Pro Build 19044.What are these keys? And is it documented somewhere? Are there more such functions?Key combinationScan codeTested...
  4. Fn and windows keys are swapped on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn and windows keys are swapped on my laptop: Fn and windows keys are swapped on my laptop. I have no idea what did i pressed and i dont know how to fix this. any help would be great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-and-windows-keys-are-swapped-on-my-laptop/6d3de726-ebd2-4031-a688-777c596934d8
  5. Fn and windows keys are swapped on my laptop

Fn and windows keys are swapped on my laptop: Fn and windows keys are swapped on my laptop. I have no idea what did i pressed and i dont know how to fix this. any help would be great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-and-windows-keys-are-swapped-on-my-laptop/6d3de726-ebd2-4031-a688-777c596934d8
  6. Can I swap the FN and CTRL button function?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I swap the FN and CTRL button function?: I have a couple keyboards I love that have the Function button and Control buttons swapped compared to my laptop. Is there a way in windows to easily swap the function of those keys?With my Lenovo laptop I could do this in the BIOS and it was very helpful - so my muscle...
  7. Fn + Windows Key + Other functions?

Fn + Windows Key + Other functions?: Hey, I've gotten an update of windows August 2020 today and after reboot, I pressed the windows key but no window bar has open. Luckily I figured out soon after to need to press Fn + Windows key + another function key to uses the default windows function such as open window's...
  8. Windows Key and FN key where swapped at some point...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Key and FN key where swapped at some point...: I have a MSI GL63 (9SDK) and some time recently something changed how the FN and windows key acts. the physical windows key now acts as FN is supposed to, and the physical FN key now does nothing. i have no recollection of changing settings. the closest thing i can think of...
  9. Function key (Fn) is not working!

Function key (Fn) is not working!: When i press Fn + F1 or any other combination nothing happens. I have troubleshooted, restarted and tried many fixes. Please help! It's a Toshiba laptop. The issue has been occuring for a long time....
  10. Fn Key functions are not all working

Fn Key functions are not all working: hello i have VAIO E VPCEH3AEA Fn + F1 = lock touchpad =>not working Fn + F2 = mute volume => working Fn + F3 = decrease volume => working Fn + F4 = increase volume => working Fn + F5 = decrease brightness => not working Fn + F6 = increase brightness => not working Fn...