Windows 10: Windows and half way my laptop ran out of battery

Discus and support Windows and half way my laptop ran out of battery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows and half way my laptop ran out of battery and now when i plug my laptop to charge and start it it comes up with this message[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by al_511, Feb 26, 2020.

1. al_511 Win User

Windows and half way my laptop ran out of battery

Windows and half way my laptop ran out of battery and now when i plug my laptop to charge and start it it comes up with this messageWindows and half way my laptop ran out of battery [​IMG]

:)

al_511, Feb 26, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows and half way my laptop ran out of battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows and half way my laptop ran out of battery - Similar Threads - half laptop ran

2. How do I fix my evoo laptop while it was factory resetting and ran out of battery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my evoo laptop while it was factory resetting and ran out of battery.: I was wondering if there was anyway I could fix my evoo ultra thin laptop and add back windows 10. This morning I decided to factory reset my windows 10 computer that I had forgotten the password to. It was left on the table as I did something else and it had bit of charge...
  3. How do I fix my evoo laptop while it was factory resetting and ran out of battery.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my evoo laptop while it was factory resetting and ran out of battery.: I was wondering if there was anyway I could fix my evoo ultra thin laptop and add back windows 10. This morning I decided to factory reset my windows 10 computer that I had forgotten the password to. It was left on the table as I did something else and it had bit of charge...
  4. How do I fix my evoo laptop while it was factory resetting and ran out of battery.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ran out of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran out of space: There is no space on my c: drive, its showing 161 mb free of 237 gb and i really dont know how to clear it up. I tried disk clean up, sfc scannow, and chkdsk. Chkdsk didnt work it said this when i tried it.Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may...
  6. Ran out of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran out of space: There is no space on my c: drive, its showing 161 mb free of 237 gb and i really dont know how to clear it up. I tried disk clean up, sfc scannow, and chkdsk. Chkdsk didnt work it said this when i tried it.Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may...
  7. My Windows Laptop Shut Off While Updating Because It Ran Out Of Battery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows Laptop Shut Off While Updating Because It Ran Out Of Battery.: When it was updating, its says do not shut down your computer, so now im worried. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-laptop-shut-off-while-updating-because/e3dbe4f2-802b-4754-b3a3-1b9a7ed2d363
  8. ran out of battery during installation

ran out of battery during installation: Can't do anything. It starts with an HP logo then goes into a screen that says "undoing changes..." then goes black, then starts the whole circle again. I don't know what to do or have money to get it fixed. Can anyone help?...
  9. our computer ran out battery while doing the updates.

our computer ran out battery while doing the updates.: Now we can't start it back up. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/our-computer-ran-out-battery-while-doing-the/210743b7-6657-4f34-b6c0-90539b89a9ab
  10. Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report: In the past 1 - 1.5 weeks I have noticed that my battery is draining much quicker than it used to. I have a Dell XPS 13 that I bought new in July 2018. My battery, up until a week or so ago, was lasting anywhere from 5-8 hours depending on how much I used it throughout the...