Windows 10: Windows and Intel intalling older version.

Discus and support Windows and Intel intalling older version. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey im currently trying to play Star wars Battlefront 2 with my son. when i try to lunch the game it tells me my driver is old and i should update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SorrowFeeder, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Windows and Intel intalling older version.

Hey im currently trying to play Star wars Battlefront 2 with my son. when i try to lunch the game it tells me my driver is old and i should update to Intel driver 15.33. I go to intels website and download the 15.33 version. but when i try to install it it installs an older version and not the 15.33 version ive downloaded. this happens if i try windows update to. Why wont my computer install the latest version and forces it to intall an older one? The intallation file does not mention 15.33 at all.

submitted by /u/SorrowFeeder
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SorrowFeeder, Jan 17, 2021

2. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Drivers for Older Intel Desktop Board with Onboard NIC, Sound, Video

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

This could be due to incompatible drivers with current version on Windows.

Let's try to troubleshoot to fix the touch screen issue.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue.

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• Connect the devices to the computer.
    • Press Windows + W key on the keyboard
    • Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press Enter.
    • Click View all on left panel.
    Click Hardware and devices, new window will popup

Method 2: Update touch adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the touch drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your touch devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Method 3: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the touch drivers from the computer manufacturer's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with this version
    of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Windows and Intel intalling older version.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows and Intel intalling older version.

1. Windows and Intel intalling older version. - Similar Threads - Intel intalling older

2. Windows update automatically installs an older version of the Intel graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update automatically installs an older version of the Intel graphics driver: HelloI have the same problem for a long time. After installing the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer e.g. Version V31.0.101.3302, the Windows Update service downgrades to * .101.1371. For now, I have paused the update for a week, but I don't know what to do in this...
  3. Windows update automatically installs an older version of the Intel graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update automatically installs an older version of the Intel graphics driver: HelloI have the same problem for a long time. After installing the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer e.g. Version V31.0.101.3302, the Windows Update service downgrades to * .101.1371. For now, I have paused the update for a week, but I don't know what to do in this...
  4. older versions of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  5. older versions of windows

older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  6. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  7. Older Windows Version

Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  8. Older "version" of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Older "version" of windows 10: When I first upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 using Microsoft media creation tool, windows 10 that was installed was the newest versionwith microsoft edge, white search bar and cortana on the task bar and all. After sometime that version was corruptedlagging a lot...
  9. Windows 10 and older intel processors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and older intel processors: So....perhaps somebody can straighten me out here. From most things I've read Dell and Microsoft made the decision to not support some of the older processors for Windows 10. Indeed when I look at compatibility charts it shows my Dell Precision 4600 with the Core i7-2860QM is...
  10. Swapping to an older version of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Swapping to an older version of windows: Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks....