Windows 10: Windows and Linux (Two different hard disks)

Discus and support Windows and Linux (Two different hard disks) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm thinking to buy a new PC with a powerful core (i9) and a couple of hard disks: One for Windows 10 Home and one for Linux (probably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by afdiaz, Jan 8, 2019.

1. afdiaz Win User

Windows and Linux (Two different hard disks)

Hi there,

I'm thinking to buy a new PC with a powerful core (i9) and a couple of hard disks: One for Windows 10 Home and one for Linux (probably CENTOS); caused my job. Can you please advise me about how to proceed with the installation? Is it better to unplug the hard disk dedicated to Windows during the installation of Linux and then unplug the HDD of Linux during the installation of Linux OS?

Then, what kind of dual boot can I install? The idea is to have a kind of menu to choose during the starting to choose the OS to run.

Thanks you guys for your help on this topic!

AD.

:)

afdiaz, Jan 8, 2019

2. Formatting Hard Disks

We advise posting your query on a Linux support forum to receive proper instructions on how to format your spare hard disk. The support agents of the Linux support page should be able to provide you with the detailed steps on how to format a Linux hard disk.

If you have other questions or concerns in the future, we're just a click away.

Devlin Sco, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Formatting Hard Disks

Thank you for the prompt response.

Since you received the hard disk with Linux already installed, we advise deleting the partition using Linux or using a different Linux computer. Windows PCs will not be able to detect your hard disk just yet because it is currently in an unrecognizable format.

Should you need further help with other concerns in the future, you're always welcome to post back.

Devlin Sco, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows and Linux (Two different hard disks) - Similar Threads - Linux different hard

2. TWO DIFFERENT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES SHOW UP ON DISK MANAGEMENT BUT NOT ON SCREEN AND DON'T WORK.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TWO DIFFERENT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES SHOW UP ON DISK MANAGEMENT BUT NOT ON SCREEN AND DON'T WORK.: I tried downloading VP1 and VLan. I downloaded a new codec - I hope - but I am still being told my codec is not right. Nothing has helped. The problem is seen with a Memorex hard drive and a pop up mobile drive I bought on Amazon. I really want to use a hard drive to view...
  3. TWO DIFFERENT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES SHOW UP ON DISK MANAGEMENT BUT NOT ON SCREEN AND DON'T WORK.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO DIFFERENT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES SHOW UP ON DISK MANAGEMENT BUT NOT ON SCREEN AND DON'T WORK.: I tried downloading VP1 and VLan. I downloaded a new codec - I hope - but I am still being told my codec is not right. Nothing has helped. The problem is seen with a Memorex hard drive and a pop up mobile drive I bought on Amazon. I really want to use a hard drive to view...
  4. TWO DIFFERENT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES SHOW UP ON DISK MANAGEMENT BUT NOT ON SCREEN AND DON'T WORK.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. difference between window and linux

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    difference between window and linux: whats the difference between windows 10 and linux https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-window-and-linux/4d67db34-8180-463c-99a2-d02afaaf34c5
  6. Combining two different hard disks to extend C Drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combining two different hard disks to extend C Drive?: Hello people. I'd noticed that my first hard disk 2TB had only 300 GB of space left on it. I've installed a second hard disk of the exact same space and make into my computer now and I was wondering if it were possible to merge my second hard disk with the first one to give...
  7. Hard disk as data interface between Linux and Win10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hard disk as data interface between Linux and Win10?: Hey, everybody. I set up a PC with 2x SSD and a HDD. The SSDs are Linux Manjaro and Win10. I wanted to embed the HDD as a data interface between the operating systems to be able to access it from both systems. However, I can't find any tips on how best to do this. Does...
  8. Kali Linux on hard disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kali Linux on hard disk?: Good morning I have 2 hard disks in my PC both HDD hard disks one is 1TB big and the other one has Windows on it. And the other one is 3TB big and so far only games on it. My question, can I install Kali Linux on my 3TB hard drive? Will all games still remain on the hard...
  9. Define hard disk for different profiles?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Define hard disk for different profiles?: Hi. Can hard disks be set to a Windows profile? For example my girlfriend wants to use the pc but should not delete the data from the SSD and my HDD or be able to access these hard drives. She would then get her own hard drive where she could store her pictures and etc....
  10. Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?: I have two identical folders on two separate USB HDDsI copied the folder from hdd1 to hdd2, when I look at their properties , their "size" is the same....but they have a different "size on disk" .... did the files in the folder get corrupted during the transfer ? should I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows linux two hard disks