Windows 10: WINDOWS AND MICROSOFT 10 ACCOUNT

Discus and support WINDOWS AND MICROSOFT 10 ACCOUNT in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I registered an account as an administrator. I latter changed it to standard for other users of the computer to have full access. I cannot change it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rexybee, Oct 20, 2018.

1. rexybee Win User

WINDOWS AND MICROSOFT 10 ACCOUNT

I registered an account as an administrator. I latter changed it to standard for other users of the computer to have full access. I cannot change it back again.

I followed all the advice, however my screen does not give the option Family and others, to be able to change it back to Administrator.. I removed the account in other that I can reset it. I cannot do that either. I get the message "the account is a reserve domain account'.

Question

1* How can I restore my account and reset my account to administrator?

2* How can I get my windows password back?

thanks,

Rexybee

:)

rexybee, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown WINDOWS AND MICROSOFT 10 ACCOUNT :(

Zakin, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. WINDOWS AND MICROSOFT 10 ACCOUNT - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

2. My Microsoft account has been stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account has been stolen: Hello my acc on microsoft has been hacked and stolen on 4th of april 24. The acc has changed email and password and i have no way of accesing it now. How to contact a microsoft tech support or something, or to try to restore my account.* Moved from Community Center...
  3. My Microsoft account has been stolen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account has been stolen: Hello my acc on microsoft has been hacked and stolen on 4th of april 24. The acc has changed email and password and i have no way of accesing it now. How to contact a microsoft tech support or something, or to try to restore my account.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts: If you’ve successfully set up your PC with a local account, a new Windows 10 feature will nag you to create a Microsoft account. This feature will be turned on by default in Windows 10’s May 2024 Patch Tuesday, which will begin rolling out to the general public and IT admins...
  5. Is it possible to still trace my stolen pc with my Microsoft account if the thieves...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to still trace my stolen pc with my Microsoft account if the thieves...: My pc was stolen but I could track it through my Microsoft account and the last location was given to me. Will it still be possible to track it through Microsoft account if the thieves reinstall the pc?...
  6. Is it possible to still trace my stolen pc with my Microsoft account if the thieves...

Is it possible to still trace my stolen pc with my Microsoft account if the thieves...: My pc was stolen but I could track it through my Microsoft account and the last location was given to me. Will it still be possible to track it through Microsoft account if the thieves reinstall the pc?...
  7. Is it possible to still trace my stolen pc with my Microsoft account if the thieves...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Error after switching Microsoft accounts

Error after switching Microsoft accounts: After switching my Microsoft account on my desktop, I get this error message while trying to sign into my account Correlation Id: 8830516e-e7ff-4668-b1d4-0b81b663cd89 Timestamp: 2024-04-17T16:03:54.000Z DPTI: 077e31c41959eea90cb5f5a2686ce1f02bd914aa74c70446b245f6321bb63d66...
  9. Error after switching Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error after switching Microsoft accounts: After switching my Microsoft account on my desktop, I get this error message while trying to sign into my account Correlation Id: 8830516e-e7ff-4668-b1d4-0b81b663cd89 Timestamp: 2024-04-17T16:03:54.000Z DPTI: 077e31c41959eea90cb5f5a2686ce1f02bd914aa74c70446b245f6321bb63d66...
  10. Error after switching Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Customization