Windows 10: Windows and Office going haywire

Discus and support Windows and Office going haywire in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows asks me for settings every couple of weeks. Things like do I want to synchronize settings across my different devices, etc. Stuff that should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brad4545, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Brad4545 Win User

Windows and Office going haywire

Windows asks me for settings every couple of weeks. Things like do I want to synchronize settings across my different devices, etc. Stuff that should be associated with my Microsoft account. Also, I periodically have to reboot and this is when it almost always happens when using office because functions are not working properly. It really isn't any fun and for the first time in over 25 years I have to tell you that I am thinking of changing platforms and office apps. This has been going on for almost three years.

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909

build 18366.1016

:)

Brad4545, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 version of Office has disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of office have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to go to follow the below steps to search the office apps on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”, go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “Programs and features”.
    • Check whether you can find office app located in programs list or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Kari, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows and Office going haywire - Similar Threads - Office going haywire

2. My laptop is going haywire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is going haywire: So my tech jumper laptop keeps turning on for about 1 second and turning back off UNLESS I hold down the windows button. Anyone know why this is happening? It’s not the cooling or the power...
  3. My laptop is going haywire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is going haywire: So my tech jumper laptop keeps turning on for about 1 second and turning back off UNLESS I hold down the windows button. Anyone know why this is happening? It’s not the cooling or the power...
  4. Graphics go haywire when running games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics go haywire when running games: I just got this new Lenovo IdeaPad 1, and was testing it out, and when I got into the Xbox app to try and run games my frames froze, and looked like smeared paint all across my screen. Then when I ran the games on Xbox app it would do the same but way worse and on top of that...
  5. Graphics go haywire when running games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics go haywire when running games: I just got this new Lenovo IdeaPad 1, and was testing it out, and when I got into the Xbox app to try and run games my frames froze, and looked like smeared paint all across my screen. Then when I ran the games on Xbox app it would do the same but way worse and on top of that...
  6. Asus UX330UAK Mouse going haywire.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus UX330UAK Mouse going haywire.: I have an intermittent problem with my touchpad pointer jumping around and clicking sporadically. It just starting doing this a few days ago. From reading online it may be associated with a windows update. I have updated everything in windows update and from asus live update....
  7. Graphics Kernel going haywire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics Kernel going haywire: I've had this recurring problem for a few months now, and I've tried everything I possibly could to attempt to fix it. Unless I find a solution, I'm gonna have to end up sending my laptop in for repairs, which I really don't want to do since I need it for school and I've only...
  8. Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use: I was out of town for a week and came back home to find my computer Dell desktop running Windows 10 almost unusable. Difficult to explain but it's almost as though a ghost has taken over my keyboard. Any attempt to type anything such as a URL, a Google search, or a start...
  9. App Curation going Haywire

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    App Curation going Haywire: The Issue Alright. I will start by saying this: Nobody using the family PC is able to use the Calculator app.THE CALCULATOR APP. Nor are we able to use any Microsoft Store apps or the Microsoft Store itself. Are there any files I can delete that can disable the parental...
  10. Screen going haywire

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen going haywire: Hey there. So not too long ago I've started using Microsoft Teams due to online classes. Now, after installing it, some windows seem to go haywire. Here's an example image of what my screen sometimes looks like when in Microsoft Teams, League of Legends or something else....