Windows 10: Windows and Office lose functionality after long period offline

Discus and support Windows and Office lose functionality after long period offline in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reasons I am often offline, sometimes my absence takes more than a month. Windows 10 and Office lose some functionality and I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VishanSmith, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Windows and Office lose functionality after long period offline

For some reasons I am often offline, sometimes my absence takes more than a month. Windows 10 and Office lose some functionality and I have to reactivate them. How can I extend offline time?

:)

VishanSmith, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - offline files - missing button/functionality 'Work offline'

Hi Guru Kiran,

thank you for your message, but actually Sync Center is working OK - please see my original post. As stated earlier, I am looking for the following functionality - see below.

Best regards,

Erich

Quote:

I am missing (or I am not able to find) the functionality to 'To work offline even though you have network access'.

The following link provides the Microsoft documentation for Windows 7
    Working with network files when you are offline

I am looking for the following functionality under Win 10. Quoted from Webpage above

"[...]

Sometimes you might want to work with the offline versions of files even though you are connected to the network. This is useful if your network connection is slow or having problems.

• Open the network folder that contains the files you have made available offline. Then, on the toolbar, click
      Work offline. (This button appears only if you have already made the folder available offline.)

• When you are finished working with the files offline, click Work online on the toolbar. This will sync any changes you have made offline with the files on the network.

[...]"

So, long story short, any help on finding the toolbar button 'Work offline' under Win10 would be much appreciated.

Erich Fromm, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows and Office lose functionality after long period offline

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows and Office lose functionality after long period offline

1. Windows and Office lose functionality after long period offline - Similar Threads - Office lose functionality

2. Keep getting BSOD after long periods of Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting BSOD after long periods of Shutdown: I bought a new Asus Tuf 15 gaming laptop FX517ZR-F15.173070 then upgraded the RAM and both SDD. Now I get BSODs at least once a day. They occur after the laptop has been completely powered-off for a while. It gets to the ASUS logo then BSOD's or will BSOD as soon as soon as...
  3. Keep getting BSOD after long periods of Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting BSOD after long periods of Shutdown: I bought a new Asus Tuf 15 gaming laptop FX517ZR-F15.173070 then upgraded the RAM and both SDD. Now I get BSODs at least once a day. They occur after the laptop has been completely powered-off for a while. It gets to the ASUS logo then BSOD's or will BSOD as soon as soon as...
  4. Losing control of both keyboard and mouse after using the pc for a long period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing control of both keyboard and mouse after using the pc for a long period of time: Hi, this has just started happening but sometime my keyboard and mouse would just become unresponsive and unplugging and replugging doesn’t solve the issue. The only way to solve it is by restarting computer, this has happened 3 times today. I don’t know if it’s due to pc...
  5. Losing control of both keyboard and mouse after using the pc for a long period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing control of both keyboard and mouse after using the pc for a long period of time: Hi, this has just started happening but sometime my keyboard and mouse would just become unresponsive and unplugging and replugging doesn’t solve the issue. The only way to solve it is by restarting computer, this has happened 3 times today. I don’t know if it’s due to pc...
  6. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  7. Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection: Hi Guys, I've got a really weird issue with my computer. Relevant specs: CPU: R9 3900X Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Max Winver: 19041.572 Every day my computers ethernet connection cuts out. The icon in the bottom right goes from Attachment 304577 to Attachment 304578...
  8. Computer needs to be restarted after long periods of idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer needs to be restarted after long periods of idle: Every morning when my computer has been idle overnight my computer has black screen with the applications still open, but its 'glitched out' in terms of when i grab a window and drag this leaves a trail of windows all over the screen. The task bar is gone, and the only thing...
  9. Widows hung for long period

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Widows hung for long period: Microsoft, I wanted you to know something is not playing well with Windows, causing it to be unusable forover an hour, with no end-user notifications. After starting my computer, and waiting for it to get to a steady state, very little that I clicked on worked. Clicking on...
  10. Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?: I use Kaspersky antivirus plus periodic scanning by Defender to benefit from US & Russian security technologies. I spotted there is a Defender option for offline scanning. Is there any advantage in using this compared to the periodic scanning option? 89931