Windows 10: Windows and OneDrive Photo Thumbnail Desaturated After Export as JPEG from Lightroom

Discus and support Windows and OneDrive Photo Thumbnail Desaturated After Export as JPEG from Lightroom in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Photo Thumbnail, and OneDrive when viewing on Mobile. Both shows desaturated colours of my images. However, when you view it in Windows Photo,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kimmyyliew, May 27, 2022.

1. Windows and OneDrive Photo Thumbnail Desaturated After Export as JPEG from Lightroom

Windows Photo Thumbnail, and OneDrive when viewing on Mobile. Both shows desaturated colours of my images. However, when you view it in Windows Photo, the colours are corrected. Same with OneDrive, once I download it on my mobile, the colours seems right. How do I fix this?

:)

kimmyyliew, May 27, 2022
  2. AWonZ2 Win User

Windows 10 Photo Viewer's desaturated colors

My laptop = HP Envy x360 convertible 15m xxxx (fully up to date)

I have been having the issue with desaturated colors in Windows 10.

The screen is calibrated. Photos in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop are correct. Photos displayed on websites i use are correct (i.e zenfolio). Printed photos are correct.

Windows 10 default photo viewer, image thumbnails and Windows 10 Instagram App(while uploading) are all desaturated.

I have searched numerous time for a solution and I have tried different ICC profiles, nothing has fixed this issue.

At this point it's more of an annoyance than anything. I am concerned however clients will open photo files and see desaturated photos.

This was never an issue on Win 7,8x.

Any help towards finding a solution would be greatly appreciated.

AWonZ2, May 27, 2022
  3. Clavius Win User
    Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, May 27, 2022
  4. Windows and OneDrive Photo Thumbnail Desaturated After Export as JPEG from Lightroom

Photo Thumbnails Drained of Color

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the following troubleshooting methods and see if that helps.

Method 1: Lightroom error on preview cache or displays gray thumbnails.

I would suggest you to refer
    Lightroom error on preview cache or displays gray thumbnails
    and follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article and see if this helps.

Method 2: Clearing Thumbnail Cache.

Step 1: Press the 'Windows' key and the 'R' key from your keyboard and type 'Cleanmgr'
    without the quotes and hit Enter.

Step 2: Now, select the Drive as C: drive and click OK.

Step 3: Uncheck all the entries except
    Thumbnails and click OK and click
    Delete Files to confirm.

Step 4: After the cleanup is complete, sign-out and sign-in from your user account for the changes to take effect and check for the issue.

Method 3: Clean and Rebuild Icon Cache.

Step 1: Close all the running applications and folders that are currently open.

Step 2: Launch
    Task Manager by pressing the 'Ctrl' + 'Shift' + 'Esc' keys from your keyboard and in the
    Process tab, Right Click on
    Explorer.exe process and click on End Process.

Step 3: From the File menu of Task Manger, click on
    New Task (Run) and type 'Cmd.exe' without the quotes and click
    OK.

Step 4: In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands one by one and hit Enter after each command.

1) CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local

2) DEL IconCache.db /a

3) CD %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

4) DEL IconCache*.db /a

5) EXIT

Step 5: Once you have executed all the above commands, restart the PC once for the changes to take effect and check for the issue.

You may also refer Photos
    appear as black or gray rectangles in Lightroom

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows and OneDrive Photo Thumbnail Desaturated After Export as JPEG from Lightroom

1. Windows and OneDrive Photo Thumbnail Desaturated After Export as JPEG from Lightroom - Similar Threads - OneDrive Photo Thumbnail

2. Photos/Jpegs extremely slow in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos/Jpegs extremely slow in onedrive: I feel like something has changed in onedrive or windows 11 recently.JPEGs in folders in onedrive are incredibly slow to work with, getting previews of them in explorer or opening them in photos app, they are blurred and a mess and it takes ages, like 20 seconds a image for...
  3. Photos/Jpegs extremely slow in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos/Jpegs extremely slow in onedrive: I feel like something has changed in onedrive or windows 11 recently.JPEGs in folders in onedrive are incredibly slow to work with, getting previews of them in explorer or opening them in photos app, they are blurred and a mess and it takes ages, like 20 seconds a image for...
  4. Windows and OneDrive Photo Thumbnail Desaturated After Export as JPEG from Lightroom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and OneDrive Photo Thumbnail Desaturated After Export as JPEG from Lightroom: Windows Photo Thumbnail, and OneDrive when viewing on Mobile. Both shows desaturated colours of my images. However, when you view it in Windows Photo, the colours are corrected. Same with OneDrive, once I download it on my mobile, the colours seems right. How do I fix this?...
  5. Exporting photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting photos: How would I export photos from my Lenovo laptop and put them onto my iPhone. I haven't been able to figure it out and I can't find anything on Google - help would be very much appreciated....
  6. export photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    export photos: nikon coolpix A100 can import to PC but how do I EXPORT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-photos/fc7ee751-8c83-4dcc-9761-3582758f7d10
  7. Saving photos jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving photos jpeg: How do I change photos to jpeg using paint or other functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-photos-jpeg/f07d7519-cec5-43a8-9e9c-dceeb8730c0f"
  8. exporting photos from Windows10 Photo Albums

exporting photos from Windows10 Photo Albums: Hi, I'm a convert from Mac. How do I export pictures from a Photo Album? I'm used to simply selecting pictures, then 'export', then 'select file size/quality', and naming a destination/file. I can share from Microsoft Photos but I can't find those other options. Thanks Hal....
  9. Windows 10 Photo Viewer's desaturated colors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer's desaturated colors: My laptop = HP Envy x360 convertible 15m xxxx (fully up to date) I have been having the issue with desaturated colors in Windows 10. The screen is calibrated. Photos in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop are correct. Photos displayed on websites i use are correct (i.e...
  10. Export a video project from photos

Export a video project from photos: When trying to export a video from Photos all I get is a pink plaid screen and music. How do I export a video that I can share? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/export-a-video-project-from-photos/a39edfcc-e55c-4f9b-9d75-24af1b0cf4fa