Windows 10: Windows and picture freezing. High CPU usage, i9 9900k & GTX1080TI

Discus and support Windows and picture freezing. High CPU usage, i9 9900k & GTX1080TI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Im starting to be out of options what to do. programs and games while startup freezes and lag a lot! I manage to open Task manager and it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by emilsalmi, Feb 1, 2019.

1. emilsalmi Win User

Windows and picture freezing. High CPU usage, i9 9900k & GTX1080TI

Hi,

Im starting to be out of options what to do. programs and games while startup freezes and lag a lot! I manage to open Task manager and it says "system" uses around 60-80% of the cpu and then other processes make it up to 99% of the cpu being used. There's no way to stop it as if I try to open another thing it freezes and stops working. Ive tried installing GPU drivers again and motherboard software. Ive installed bios update, all the possible drivers that I can think of and none of them seem to help. The only way I can get it to work is to reset the computer and turn it back on but it just keeps recurring over and over again. I don't know what's wrong! PC does this only when I open for example youtube and skip video 10 seconds at the time in fast paste or open League Of Legends game launcher, select a game and when games client launches it freezes the computer or crashes, when I reboot computer by pressing reset button game launches and I can play it few hours or few minutes and it starts to lag (drops fps to 10-40fps and introduces massive lag and if you know i9 that FPS is way too low). Lag stops IF I press alt tab in time and it switches to a another program that usually helps but in many cases computer freezes and I have to reboot by hard reset. It lags on many games but mostly on League of legends. Usually this processor uses only maximum of 30% while gaming. It never has jumped to 70% or over before this. Windows and picture freezing. High CPU usage, i9 9900k & GTX1080TI 9a052c66-a2b8-4adb-9c4a-c5bd300c48e3?upload=true.png

Sorry BTW computer is in finnish. I have not overclocked this CPU or GPU in any means. It should be on default settings, as you can see in picture current speed is 4,60 GHz and I think its just turboing? Please help Im out of ideas and this computer is just 2 months old except power supply.

Sometimes this computer lets me play 4 hours without problems. Temps are around 50-60celsius under load in GPU and CPU.

Specs:

CPU i9 9900k
    motherboard asrock Taichi Z390

Ram 16gb gskill RGB DDR4

GPU Nvidia GTX 1080ti

PSU Corsair RM1000 Gold (1000 watts)

3x 500gb SSD, 1x 3tb HDD, 1x 1tb HDD

All components are water cooled so its not about the components getting to hot.

:)

emilsalmi, Feb 1, 2019

2. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Cliff S, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows and picture freezing. High CPU usage, i9 9900k & GTX1080TI - Similar Threads - picture freezing High

2. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with an i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  3. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with an i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  4. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.

Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with a i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  6. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.

Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with a i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  7. CPU usage is high

CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  8. Constant Freezes and High CPU usage

Constant Freezes and High CPU usage: Hello, I have been browsing through Microsoft Community for some time now and I have found many similar problems and applied most of the solutions but sadly nothing seems to work. The main problem appears when computer is put to sleep by closing the lid or pressing the...
  9. Frequently short freezes and high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequently short freezes and high CPU usage: Hello! Since about a month I have frequently freezes with high CPU usage that last about a second. This happens only on my main account and happens more often the longer the PC is running but it doesn't really matter what processes are running. The task manager shows a peak...
  10. 100% CPU Usage with i9 9900k and 2080 ti

100% CPU Usage with i9 9900k and 2080 ti: While i was doing system scan i was getting 100% cpu usage.... i'm worried if something is wrong this has happened to me while i was rendering premier pro clip. the cpu went to 100% and i told my friend to render on his laptop he had find cpu usage, is something wrong with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i9-9900k 100% load

2. windows gtx1080ti driver picture quality issues

3. i9 9900k cpu usage

4. 9900k system high cpu usage,
  5. 9900k usage spik,
  6. core i9 freezing on update,
  7. i9-9900k cpu usage spikes,
  8. i9 9900k usgae spiking,
  9. i9-9900k freeze issues,
  10. i9 windows 10 freezing