Windows 10: Windows and settings and other icons not working or appearing

Discus and support Windows and settings and other icons not working or appearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, from the past few weeks I have been experiencing the same problem that my taskbar icons sometimes disappear after power on, to make them appear I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sivaram1, Nov 22, 2018.

1. sivaram1 Win User

Windows and settings and other icons not working or appearing

Hi, from the past few weeks I have been experiencing the same problem that my taskbar icons sometimes disappear after power on, to make them appear I will have to restart the system even after which sometimes they don't appear, Also my windows and all the settings icons(wifi, system battery etc many such icons are also facing same issue, they won't even work even after restarting). The apps will work even their icons are not on taskbar If I could manage to open them via desktop icons or files etc.but their icons don't appear on taskbar even while running, and I am facing hard task to switch between apps or even open an app. I couldn't even open my settings app since past 10days.

Please help me with this.

I can go to run command by Win+R but I can't open start menu through Windows button.

:)

sivaram1, Nov 22, 2018

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Windows and settings and other icons not working or appearing

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows and settings and other icons not working or appearing

1. Windows and settings and other icons not working or appearing - Similar Threads - settings icons working

2. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Icons appear smaller than others.: Hello,I've been having this issue of having icon image size staying normal and then suddenly one day it decides to shrink or minimize itself.I've searched about it online but nothing fixed it for me.. I know it's not lower quality icons but still it refuses to go full Screen...
  3. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Icons appear smaller than others.: Hello,I've been having this issue of having icon image size staying normal and then suddenly one day it decides to shrink or minimize itself.I've searched about it online but nothing fixed it for me.. I know it's not lower quality icons but still it refuses to go full Screen...
  4. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar: Hey,I am unable to open any of the microsoft apps.Before few days I have done my windows update from then i am facing the problem where my task manager shows very high percentage of the disk usage.The service host keeps running all the time.I have been signed out of my...
  6. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar: Hey,I am unable to open any of the microsoft apps.Before few days I have done my windows update from then i am facing the problem where my task manager shows very high percentage of the disk usage.The service host keeps running all the time.I have been signed out of my...
  7. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Desktop Icons appear smaller than others.

Desktop Icons appear smaller than others.: I've been having an issue with some of the icons on my desktop. I don't know why this happens and haven't found anything about it online, but for some reason I can't get some icons to appear "full screen" and they instead look as if they are minimized. You can see below the...
  9. The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...

The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...: I've been struggling with this for hours. I've tried to open up the settings app and the settings icon will show up on my task bar, but when i click on the icon, nothing appears. I've tried to run a sfc file cleaner, I've restarted my pc, and I've tried multiple...
  10. missing icons on settings > choose icons to appear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    missing icons on settings > choose icons to appear on taskbar: Hi all please see the screenshot. [img] is there a way to fix this? thanks! 42338