Windows 10: Windows and tabs suddenly acting like they were tabbed out but not minimized? Plus sticking...

Discus and support Windows and tabs suddenly acting like they were tabbed out but not minimized? Plus sticking... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay so this is getting really frustrating, and it's only just started happening. At first I thought it was just games but I was wrong. It's any window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Subsquentual, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Windows and tabs suddenly acting like they were tabbed out but not minimized? Plus sticking...

Okay so this is getting really frustrating, and it's only just started happening. At first I thought it was just games but I was wrong. It's any window or tab that I have open. A game, firefox, anything. I tried finding a solution but no one else seems to be having my exact problem.

So randomly, no matter what I'm doing, I will get 'tabbed' out of the window. I say 'tabbed' because the window does not actually minimize. If I'm playing a game, for example, all sound will be muted as if it was minimized and my cursor will appear over the screen. I only have to click the window that I am using and it goes back to normal for a time but it is getting frustrating.

It's already happened while I'm typing this, and I haven't noticed a time pattern. No other windows pop up when this happens. I'm just suddenly not active in that window anymore. It's like an invisible window has opened or taken priority of what I'm doing but there's nothing there. It's getting old. Fast.

And another issue that I've been having... It's a lesser issue than the one above but I would still like an answer to it.

There will be times that I'm playing a game, and sometimes my directional buttons, usually the traditional wsad, gets 'stuck'. I can let go of the button and the computer still thinks I'm pushing it. Leading me to need to push the button again to fix it. I can't seem to find any solutions to it either.

It's only ever happened to me on this computer and I've never spilled anything on the keyboard. It's not even the buttons that get stuck because it never happens while typing. It only happens while in games.

So if someone could explain how to fix these problems, I would be very grateful.

:)

Subsquentual, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

3. W1zzard Win User
    Command line/tab

No plans to implement that. Many users (including me) look at tab 1, then click sensors tab 2 quickly and close the app. Expectation is that it will start at tab 1 again.

W1zzard, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Windows and tabs suddenly acting like they were tabbed out but not minimized? Plus sticking...

Command line/tab

OK, thanks!
    (I assume maybe this was suggested before...)
    May I ask, what exactly does such a routine have in mind - why look at tabs 1, then 2, then quickly close the app?

Thema:

Windows and tabs suddenly acting like they were tabbed out but not minimized? Plus sticking...

1. Windows and tabs suddenly acting like they were tabbed out but not minimized? Plus sticking... - Similar Threads - tabs suddenly acting

2. Tab button acting weird all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tab button acting weird all of a sudden: All of a sudden my Tab button will not do as it always has, when i press it now it decides to scroll from left to right even when i have nothing open and it will do this on the taskbar. I can't play games properly that use the tab button either, it has never done this. I...
  3. Tab button acting weird all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tab button acting weird all of a sudden: All of a sudden my Tab button will not do as it always has, when i press it now it decides to scroll from left to right even when i have nothing open and it will do this on the taskbar. I can't play games properly that use the tab button either, it has never done this. I...
  4. Tabbing Out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabbing Out.: Does anyone know why this is happening? For some reason when I tab out I get this. This just started happening today, I'm not sure if I accidentally enabled this by inputting some special shortcut on my keyboard. This new thing is making tabbing out while gaming....
  5. Alt+Tab acting flaky

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab acting flaky: So my Alt-Tab is possessed or something. Usually it works fine, but periodically, it decides that when I open the menu with Alt+Tab, sometimes it will scroll one way through open windows, and sometimes the other way. This isn't a huge deal, but the bigger issue is that...
  6. Windows minimizes my tabs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows minimizes my tabs.: Hello, as you read from the title Windows minimizes my open tabs every 10th second and personally this is really frustrating when writing something, playing games or literally anything and it even does it when I'm not using my PC. Before I updated Windows this didn't happen...
  7. Minimize tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize tab: Why am I unable to minimize my screen? Only the close button is visible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-tab/0a1cbff4-3b4d-4473-ac6b-e973865b8530
  8. Explorer suddenly started working like "tab-mix plus". Stressful

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer suddenly started working like "tab-mix plus". Stressful: Well almost but not as neatly or controllable as it decided to start opening everything while exploring files in a new window and also started forgetting the sizes and positions of the last opened file/window. No apparent rhyme or reason. When exploring files in Explorer,...
  9. No maximize or minimize tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126
  10. Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows apps acting like tab key is stuck, but it's not?: I can't click on anything or type anything because it's as if the tab key is stuck. It's constantly flickering between selection of various buttons, and I can't do anything. My tab key is physically fine. It only does this in default Windows apps such as Sticky Notes, Photos,...