Windows 10: Windows and things related to it stopped working

Discus and support Windows and things related to it stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So this randomly happened. I noticed that I couldn't type in the edge search bar anymore, so I tried to restart. But then the windows start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Asianboi86, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Windows and things related to it stopped working

So this randomly happened. I noticed that I couldn't type in the edge search bar anymore, so I tried to restart. But then the windows start menu couldn't open. So I started searching around for more things that didn't work. It turns out that I can't go to settings either. I would really appreciate some help because this problem is quite annoying.

:)

Asianboi86, Jun 2, 2019

2. questions related some things of windows

Hi CT me,

Here are the answer to your queries:

• How to search for keywords or phrases on some specific URLs and not the whole internet?
      • When you're on a specific page or site, you can use Ctrl + F. It's a keyboard shortcut for
        Find command. To do this, go to the specific page and then press Ctrl
        + F.
    • How to get the history of all the searches that are done in windows?
      • There's a feature called Activity history. It helps keep track of the things you do on your PC. You can check this
        article.
    • What is 'winrt...' which is found when going to search tab>'search again in'>'winrt...' ?
      • Can you further elaborate this? or please send us a screenshot. Normally,
        winrt is a search connector that connects users with data stored in web services or remote storage locations.
    • Is there any ms software or any feature in windows that searches or checks the contents of files saved in computer (including the data saved in the files of other programs) and automatically reminds that this specific
      work is pending especially when I am doing any related work?
      • As of the moment, that feature is not available but you can always use
        Cortana.
    • Does windows defender scan the browser extensions (any browser)? And how to know that what type of data (if any) is being transmitted by an application that is installed in my computer and to where is the data going?
      • Microsoft releases Windows Defender browser protection that allows you to add additional layer of protection when browsing online. Check out this
        link.
      • You can visit/view the Windows application log by following the steps
        here.
    • As in windows, for the different devices attached, there are different drivers from ms, but for the DataCard device that I have can I use or manage it through windows itself?
      • Data card is an electronic card for data operations and there are different kind of data cards. Can you tell us which type of data card are you using?
    • As there are different programs installed in a system, then upon opening the programs they have their own window size and are placed at any position on the screen. How to do such a setting that they open with the same size as they are set and open at the
      same position on the screen?
      • You have to manually open each program and set their own window sizes. You can pin them on to your
        task bar for quick access when you're on the desktop.
    • Is there any way to stop or pause the dotted spinner animation that comes at various places in windows (and also when starting windows) or have another thing in its place like a progress bar?
      • Dotted spinner animation means that there's a process going on to load a specific page or to load Windows, so we cannot stop or pause the process.

For any suggestions and feedback regarding Microsoft products, you may always send us a feedback using the Feedback Hub. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so
    you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like Storefronts Tools<unique link>).

Let us know if you need further help.

Justine Pel, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows and things related to it stopped working

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows and things related to it stopped working

1. Windows and things related to it stopped working - Similar Threads - things related stopped

2. Not sure what to call this, alot of things stopped working recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure what to call this, alot of things stopped working recently: Within the last week, so much has stopped working. Windows Defender, Windows Security, Microsoft Store, anything to do with signing in such as word and the sign in within account settings.With defender, anything i try and do to enable it hasnt worked yet. Ive removed any...
  3. Not sure what to call this, alot of things stopped working recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not sure what to call this, alot of things stopped working recently: Within the last week, so much has stopped working. Windows Defender, Windows Security, Microsoft Store, anything to do with signing in such as word and the sign in within account settings.With defender, anything i try and do to enable it hasnt worked yet. Ive removed any...
  4. COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?

COM Surrogate stopped working problem related to ESENT.dll?: Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me, this is obviously a very technical issue beyond my understanding. Reliability History is showing hundreds of instances of COM Surrogate stopping working. At the same time this happens, I tend to experience general PC slowness,...
  5. Certain things randomly stop working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain things randomly stop working.: Every so often, my computer stops working properly and I can't do things like open file explorer, right click on desktop, or open something as administrator through the search bar. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/PickleBanjo [link] [comments]...
  6. sudden strange behaviour of Windows 10 system - things stopped working

sudden strange behaviour of Windows 10 system - things stopped working: Hello. I had something weird happening, I'm curious if it happened to someone else too and if I should worry about it. I was browsing and suddenly nothing loaded in the browser, first I thought I had my internet disconnected. I tried to restart my notebook, I started the...
  7. Nothing Windows related is working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Nothing Windows related is working.: Nothing windows related will work. I can't download anything from the store, I can't check for updates, I can't find Windows Defender and I can't troubleshoot anything....
  8. After restarting pc 3 things stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    After restarting pc 3 things stopped working: after i restarted my pc because I couldnt type in the search bar, i noticed that there wasnt a wifi logo at the corner and the audio sign showed that it had no audio and when i checked the devices (i use a tpling 300mbps wifi adapter) the adapter was there and it showed that...
  9. questions related various things in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    questions related various things in windows 10: As I use windows, many questions come to mind, and some are not explained anywhere. I ask questions, but I am disappointed by the fact that, those who answer my questions, either don't explain fully or leave the conversation in between, leaving the questions unanswered. And...
  10. Windows won't update and critical things have stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't update and critical things have stopped working: Im getting the following error message: "the installation has failed during SAFE_OS with error in operation REPLICATE_OC" With the error code: "0x8007001F - 0x20006" I have tried a ton of solutions online and not only do some of them not work but most of them I cannot even...