Windows 10: Windows and Xbox App mic error

Discus and support Windows and Xbox App mic error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I recently started a YouTube channel with a couple of buds, right? A few of them rely on Xbox party to chat, instead of Discord, which I rely on. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HyprHack, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Windows and Xbox App mic error

So, I recently started a YouTube channel with a couple of buds, right? A few of them rely on Xbox party to chat, instead of Discord, which I rely on. I recently tried using the Win10 Xbox Game Bar and Xbox app after pshhh 6 months of sitting on my custom built 2018 PC. As the title states, my HyperX Cloud II Headset mic was not working. I know it's not the mic, because it works perfectly fine on Discord, but not on Xbox. So, I went into Xbox Party Settings, and set the audio input to the mic. Didn't work. I went into Audio in the Win10 settings app and it didn't even RECOGNIZE that I had a microphone plugged in. Does anyone have a fix? I've tried the privacy thing too, but even that was normal and fine.

submitted by /u/HyprHack
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HyprHack, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

xbox app mic

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You may refer to the suggestion posted by Corporal Kashew dated November 26, 2017 related to

Xbox app mic
    issue and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Xbox App Error code 0x80048504?

Hi Andyy,

If you received this error code 0x80048504, there could be an issue with the Xbox live server, your network connection, or with the account itself. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps

Please click this link. This process will check and resolve common issues with the apps on your PC.

Step 2: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe and then hit Enter. 

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start and type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    • Right-click and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Hit Enter. 
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.  

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Windows and Xbox App mic error

Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows and Xbox App mic error

1. Windows and Xbox App mic error - Similar Threads - Xbox App mic

2. xbox app mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox app mic: My mic is the Razer Kraken X Lite and it sounds fine on discord according to my friends but when I use it on the Xbox app to talk apparently it sounds "buzzy". Does anyone knows how to fix this....
  3. Xbox app auto muting mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app auto muting mic.: So I recently built a pc, and the Xbox app wasn’t working with my mic. I have a headset, and a separate mic, all plugged into corresponding spots. When I go to create a party for Xbox gaming on my pc, it mutes my mic before I can say anything…...
  4. Mic not working on xbox app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working on xbox app: Hello guys, i have read all post about mic not working on xbox app (windows) and still haven't found the solution. I did the following TS: I correctly apply the Teredo fix trought gpedit. when I run xbox network app it show NAT open and correctly connected to server. (the...
  5. Xbox companion app mic issues

Xbox companion app mic issues: So when i plug my mic in my pc it sounds fine in discord and other apps but then in when i used it in the xbox app my friends just hear a noise that sounds like air blowing in the mic ive tried a few stuff to fix it but none have work anyone know any fixes....
  6. Xbox App Mic Too Quiet

Xbox App Mic Too Quiet: When I use my headset with the Xbox app on the PC for Xbox party chat everyone complains that I am too quiet. I know it's not the headset as I use this headset when i am on the Xbox itself and I don't get any complaints....
  7. xbox app mic issue

xbox app mic issue: My mic works too loudly when used on Windows 10 xbox app but if it works with other applications, everything is ok. How can I change the mic setting? I even cannot talk when I used it with Windows 10 Xbox...
  8. xbox app mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox app mic: when I use my microphone on windows 10 xbox app my mic creates a loud noise and it doesn't let me talk. However, when I use any other application like discord or OBS it works fine....
  9. Error with windows store and xbox apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with windows store and xbox apps: Hi guys! First post, so bear with me: 1. I have terabytes of games from windows and xbox on my PC 2. Suddenly, and after no updates, no antivirus, etc, all my games go to a spash screen and then just do not run. 3. I have tried the following: clean install, troubleshoot...
  10. Xbox app mic issues

Xbox app mic issues: So I was just playing a game of siege on my xbox one, my mic was fine, no one complained, nothing. Then a little while later I play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on my (Windows 10 x64 for people who are wondering) PC and I went to a party and everybody said there was a...