Windows 10: Windows animations stop after system starts

Discus and support Windows animations stop after system starts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an issue with windows animations. Here's the thing: I have windows animations switched on in performance settings Screen settings reflect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KarolRe, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Windows animations stop after system starts

I have an issue with windows animations. Here's the thing:

• I have windows animations switched on in performance settings
    • Screen settings reflect "Show animations in Windows" option switched on

but every time I restart Windows animations stop after some (couple of seconds) after system starts.

Settings remain unchanged - still reflect that animations should work, but they don't. The only way is to flip the switch off and on again.

Anyone was able to sort that one out? Is there any way to track what overrides system settings causing animations to stop after system start?

submitted by /u/KarolRe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KarolRe, Jan 14, 2020

2. How to disable animation when switching workspace in Windows 10?

1. Click on the Start button (or push the Windows key on your keyboard)
    2. Type "Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows" and select it from the suggestions menu.
    3. Uncheck the checkbox for "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing".

This will stop the animation when switching between Windows 10 Workspaces/Desktops.

RampantWolf, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Animated cursor no longer works.

Hello Andrew,

As you are facing issues with accessing the animated cursor on Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system other than installing the editor program?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan to check if there are any animation files corrupted/ missing.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Darknova Win User

Windows animations stop after system starts

Anime Nation

Can I make a suggestion please?

When you list your favourite anime, could you please put at least a brief summary of what's it's about as well.

*Smile Windows animations stop after system starts :)

Darknova, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows animations stop after system starts

1. Windows animations stop after system starts - Similar Threads - animations stop system

2. How to stop the system starting Windows Calculator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the system starting Windows Calculator?: Hi All,on my Windows 11 PC with all updates, a few days ago Runtime Broker began to start Windows Calculator very frequently. I couldn't stop it doing this. I tried so far following: - Disable get tips & tricks and background Apps- Running an SFC scan with DISM /Online...
  3. How to stop the system starting Windows Calculator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop the system starting Windows Calculator?: Hi All,on my Windows 11 PC with all updates, a few days ago Runtime Broker began to start Windows Calculator very frequently. I couldn't stop it doing this. I tried so far following: - Disable get tips & tricks and background Apps- Running an SFC scan with DISM /Online...
  4. Animations stop working at Startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Animations stop working at Startup.: The animations of my Windows 11 has stopped working after I start my HP Desktop. I can get them to work after I go into the Accessibility menu and switch the "Annimation Affects" toggle switch from On to Off back to On again. This just started after the monthly Windows...
  5. Animations stop working at Startup.

Animations stop working at Startup.: The animations of my Windows 11 has stopped working after I start my HP Desktop. I can get them to work after I go into the Accessibility menu and switch the "Annimation Affects" toggle switch from On to Off back to On again. This just started after the monthly Windows...
  6. Windows start menu animation not rendering properly.

Windows start menu animation not rendering properly.: I clean install my Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10. I notice that everytime I open the Windows start menu the animation is not rendering properly. Is this a taskbar bug?Please see: VideoLaptop Specs:RTX 3050 TI 8GB RAM INTEL i5 11th Gen 500GB SSD Thanks....
  7. Windows start menu animation not rendering properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start menu animation not rendering properly.: I clean install my Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10. I notice that everytime I open the Windows start menu the animation is not rendering properly. Is this a taskbar bug?Please see: VideoLaptop Specs:RTX 3050 TI 8GB RAM INTEL i5 11th Gen 500GB SSD Thanks....
  8. A start to anyone looking to modify the start animation

in Windows 10 Customization
    A start to anyone looking to modify the start animation: I was messing around with fontfiles, and found that in the [system drive letter]:\Windows\Boot\segoe_slboot.ttf fontfile is the startup animation from U+E052 to U+E0C6. An important note to keep it mind is that the file is owned by SYSTEM, so you can't just edit it....
  9. hover animation stops after 3minutes

hover animation stops after 3minutes: Hi I've just up graded to win 10. After about 3 minutes of inactivity when you hover over a button/icon that would normally react to the pointer like lights up or highlights doesn't react. If you click on that icon it will still work so no mouse problems just no high...
  10. Windows 10 animations suddenly stop working!

Windows 10 animations suddenly stop working!: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro on my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 110). When I open something (calculator, calendar, start menu etc.) animation is working, but when I try to click on something OR move my mouse around fast, the animation disappears. I hope that someone will help. I'll...