Windows 10: Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer

Discus and support Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8625 that worked fine until the windows 10 Anniversary update. It is connected via Ethernet. I can print to the printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsaacFL, Aug 8, 2016.

1. IsaacFL Win User

Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer

I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8625 that worked fine until the windows 10 Anniversary update. It is connected via Ethernet. I can print to the printer fine from iphones, etc. so printer is ok.

Windows keeps thinking the printer has gone offline. When I run the troubleshooter, it says the problem is that the printer is "off". It says to turn on the printer. I do nothing to the printer and just hit "next" and the printer starts working again.

Until later, then it does it again. Have rebooted both computer and printer and still has the same issue.

:)

IsaacFL, Aug 8, 2016
  2. Dawn9 Win User

HP driver update for HP LaserJet M1530 MFP Series PCL 6 - Error 0x80240017

I installed an HP printer recently - printer works fine. But ever since then, I keep getting this error for Windows Updates:

HP driver update for HP LaserJet M1530 MFP Series PCL 6 - Error 0x80240017

When I checked for any driver updates for the printer, it said it was up to date.

I have uninstalled the printer and keep checking for Windows updates. It keeps giving me this same error. I cannot upgrade to the new Windows 10 Anniversary version because of this error.

How can I get rid of this update that keeps me from upgrading?

Dawn9, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Anyone else unable to print after applying Windows Anniversary Update?

I've had the Anniversary Update since early August, and can print just fine to my Samsung ML2165W printer. I have seen several similar posts from folks with HP printers though, so I'd suggest checking with HP.

Good luck.

Hula_Baloo, Aug 8, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Did you tried to reinstall driver? Remove it from list and add it again.

AndreTen, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update broke

2. HP printer update fails to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP printer update fails to update: I continually have the notification that I have an update for the HP printer. Here's the problem, I don't have an HP printer anymore. I deleted the software. I have even looked for any similar names that might be associated with it but still can't figure out why it continues...
  3. W10 updating HP printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 updating HP printer: Windows Update screen is wanting me to install an HP print driver dated 2009, have much more current drivers already in use. How do I get rid of the 'Pending Install'? But if I go to 'view update history' it reports the update has been 'successfully installed' dated...
  4. Windows Update broke my printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update broke my printers: On October 12, I shut down my computer. Microsoft updates installed. After the updates were done, none of my printers work. This affects physical printers as well as PDF printers. I have re-installed drivers. But whenever I try to print, I get a message that says "Your file...
  5. Update Broke my Printer

Update Broke my Printer: Windows installed an update last night. Now today I can't print anything. It keeps saying that the printer is offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-broke-my-printer/fcc3556a-cef9-43db-a99a-c6ca559c6865
  6. anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....

in Windows 10 Customization
    anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....: It seems the anniversary update broke the ability to get custom colors though the run and then "control color" method. Is there any other way to achieve this? 65737
  7. Anniversary upgrade broke Hello

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary upgrade broke Hello: Ever since I upgraded to the W10 "anniversary edition" Hello hasn't recognized me a single time anymore! Hello seems completely broken since the update, even though I went through at least 10 "improve recognition" procedures by now. Before the update Hello worked so-la-la,...
  8. Windows update broke HP printer & driver reinstall not working

Windows update broke HP printer & driver reinstall not working: My printer is a HP 2055dn. Since Windows 10 came out, at every major Windows update, I have had to uninstall the printer and reinstall it. After the latest update, the usual reinstall did not work, and I now can't print. What I have done successfully previously and tried to...
  9. HP Printer update fails.

HP Printer update fails.: I got this. [img] So I told it to Install Now and got this. [img] The printer works. Can some one please help me... 44490
  10. Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working

Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working: This is the 3rd major upgrade/update and each time I have had to re-install printer, drivers, etc. All steps have been taken again this time, with tech support and on my own. Documents are sitting in the print queue, but my printer will not print them. I am not the only...