Windows 10: WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem

Discus and support WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After having installed the upgrade, I was asked for Pin code or Microsoft account password. None of my formerly used pin code or password is accepted.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bengan33, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Bengan33 Win User

WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem

After having installed the upgrade, I was asked for Pin code or Microsoft account password.
    None of my formerly used pin code or password is accepted.
    I tried changing Microsoft account password on my laptop. Did not help.
    What can I do to start my computer?

:)

Bengan33, Aug 5, 2016

2. My wife or I did not receive last week your anniversary Windows 10 upgrade. And our every second Tuesday updates from Microsoft did not have the upgrades for Windows 10

Dear Microsoft Community Support:

My wife or I did not receive last week your anniversary Windows 10 upgrade. And our every second Tuesday updates from Microsoft did not have the anniversary upgrades for Windows 10.

I notice that many download companies for others software have Microsoft anniversary Windows 10 to download.

My question is if I download the Microsoft anniversary Windows 10 downloads, is there the ability to "customize", the installation, so that I only install the security upgrade for Microsoft Edge. I do not desire anything else in the installation. If not
    then I will not download the upgrade, being that we have no problems now with Windows 10 and from what I read on the world wide web, many people who downloaded this Microsoft anniversary Windows 10 upgrade are having all kinds of problems that they did not
    have before.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Hubert Hechabarria

Dr. HubertHechabarria, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem

I have also experience a problem with installing the Anniversary Update, in that when the Windows 10 Anniversary Update installation process had reached 35%, the Laptop crashed with a WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem :( Blue Screen message stating that a problem had occurred. Then after
    the Laptop restarted a message stated that the original version of Windows was being reinstalled.

I have downloaded the Windows 10 Anniversary Update ISO file, but its likely the same problem will occur if I use it to do the upgrade to the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10.

John Andrew Davis, Aug 5, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

1. WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem - Similar Threads - Anniversary upgrade problem

2. Anniversary Upgrade and current customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anniversary Upgrade and current customization: Will personal customization be honored or retained within the Aug 2016 Anniversary upgrade? I haven't bothered uninstalling any little default (store) unused apps since I figured they'd likely be reinstalled with the Aug upgrade/update. There is not a Microsoft Account on...
  3. Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade: I use Windows Home and find the inability to disable the Lock Screen on login really annoying. I used to use the registry fix on this forum but this no longer works. In Spotlight Mode, the correct Lock Screen background is shown when I use Windows Key + L but the last...
  4. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade: I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message: [img] When I click on...
  5. Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade: Hi. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade is not available for me yet. What could be the reason for that ? Thanks in advance for any input. 61967
  7. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  8. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...
  9. Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?: I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this. Many are calling this an 'update', whereas a few are mentioning 'upgrade'. My understanding is that as an 'Update', we have no choice but to install it when released. i.e its just a normal Windows update. If it...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...