Windows 10: Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks

Discus and support Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Its nice to know that Windows Anti Virus is checking files, but the check marks have become an annoying problem. Its like a bad rash that keeps... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelSeon, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks

Its nice to know that Windows Anti Virus is checking files, but the check marks have become an annoying problem. Its like a bad rash that keeps spreading. Check marks are showing up on folders, on Picture, Document, Desktop icons etc. I am waiting for the Waste can to be checked. Its great to know the files are being checked and you can see it, but not parts of the framework of the OS. those files can be checked without leaving a check mark.

I was not clear to me what Category of problem to select for posting. I chose Security and Privacy. Does anyone have a better choice.

:)

MichaelSeon, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks

1. Windows AntiVirus and Check Marks - Similar Threads - AntiVirus Check Marks

2. To be able to add a check mark on an folder icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To be able to add a check mark on an folder icon: Hi! I need to mark with a tick or a star some of my folder items, in order to know if I have read it. But I did not find the way to do it. Thanks...
  3. green check marks on my photos

green check marks on my photos: How do I remove the ugly green check marks that OneDrive put on my photos?I do not wish to use OneDrive. I doln't even know how it happened or why.I didn't see an appropriate subtopic for this question.Thank youPaula...
  4. Green Check Marks on Icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Check Marks on Icons?: Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?...
  5. Windows Security green check marks are missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security green check marks are missing: I opened Windows Security today, and to my surprise, the green check marks are missing along with the icons for virus and threat protection and family options. It works fine, but the missing check marks are a bit bothering.[ATTACH]...
  6. Check Mark

in Windows 10 Support
    Check Mark: All of a sudden I've been getting these check marks on my desktop Icons. I refresh and they go away but after a few days they come back. Anyone know how to get rid of them permanently? [img] 158719
  7. What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  8. What is the meaning of the Geen check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Geen check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  9. Check marks on photos

Check marks on photos: I just replaced my computer. I had Windows 10 on the old one and on this. Photos now on the desktop have an annoying check mar in the left corner before I open them. How do I get rid of them? I think my older version allowed me to get photo viewer back Doesn't seem available...
  10. check marks and x's in file explorer?

check marks and x's in file explorer?: What are the check marks and x's at the corner of files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-marks-and-xs-in-file-explorer/f5c7e789-752f-420e-9914-97a028e6896e"