Windows 10: Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.

Discus and support Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and I got a message to turn on Windows Antivirus and threat protection. I went to my settings and it won't let me turn it on. It says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PamelaKoelling, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.

I have windows 10 and I got a message to turn on Windows Antivirus and threat protection. I went to my settings and it won't let me turn it on. It says this is run by my organization. I don't have an organization. I downloaded and ran the Microsoft malicious removal tool it scanned a bunch of files and then the screen went back to my browser. I never got a report or notification that it was complete, or if anything was amiss. Now what do I do?

:)

PamelaKoelling, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service - Error 1067

Are you running the PC on an enterprise network and logging on to a domain? If not, the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service won't run and shouldn't be started. It's not intended for stand-alone PCs.

Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise

The service that should be running (on Automatic) is Windows Defender Antivirus Service. If you have Cloud-based protection and Automatic sample submission turned on the (Manual) Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service should also be running.

The previously suggested in-place repair install is quite painless and preserves all your installed apps, settings and files. It should fix things if you can't get them going yourself.

3. Jose Est Win User
    How do I turn off real -time protection?

Hi Rahul,

If you have Windows 10, you are getting the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. Windows Defender actively helps in protecting your PC from malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection.

To turn Windows Defender real-time protection on or off, follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection
      on or off.
    If the on /off button is greyed out, refer to the answer of José Antonio
    Pontón Posada CEO on this thread for troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Jose Est, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.

Kapersky antivirus.

Hi,

If you have Windows 10, you’ll get the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender is on and actively helping to protect your PC by scanning for malware (malicious software),
    viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your PC.

If you want to install another antivirus software, you first need to turn off Windows Defender to be able to do so.
    Follow the steps below to turn off Windows Defender.

• Select the Start or Windows key button, then select
      Settings > Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection on or off.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on.

1. Windows antivirus and threat protection will not turn on. - Similar Threads - antivirus threat protection

2. my device antivirus and threat protection is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my device antivirus and threat protection is not working: my device antivirus and threat protection is not working how is this issue resolved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-antivirus-and-threat-protection-is-not/b10c3112-b706-4da5-8d4d-bb217cb6b424
  3. my device antivirus and threat protection is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my device antivirus and threat protection is not working: my device antivirus and threat protection is not working how is this issue resolved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-antivirus-and-threat-protection-is-not/b10c3112-b706-4da5-8d4d-bb217cb6b424
  4. virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus: Last week i have changed my antivirus from Macfee to NPAV,however now Windows virus and threat protection is not detecting antivirus. this is resulting in slowing down of laptop due to two scan working at same time.any solution?...
  5. How to turn on window defender antivirus protection

How to turn on window defender antivirus protection: Hi there, I was trying to turn on the window defender antivirus protection on window 10. I went into service under administrative too and tried to start the antivirus protection but with an error message 577 saying: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this...
  6. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  7. Turn on virus and threat protection

Turn on virus and threat protection: Hi, I do not have any third party antivirus application installed on my pc but whenever I'm trying to turn it on from the settings, I get a error message saying that " Your virus & threat protection is being managed by your organization " Please help.. With Regards,...
  8. Windows Virus & Threat Protection -Unable to turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Virus & Threat Protection -Unable to turn on: I get this message that the IT administrator has access to this- which it NEVER did until now! My laptop is a personal item- not company owned and I'm not sure how to get back access to the Virus & Threat protection. Advise please Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Antivirus & threat protection

Windows Antivirus & threat protection: When I uninstall McAfee, will Windows Defender automatically protect my PC from viruses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-antivirus-threat-protection/4ae7595f-8fba-4a0d-a8ad-204d71866b09
  10. Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping

Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping: Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping. I don't have another one installed, and it keeps saying I have limited access even though I own this copy. Anyone else get this error? [ATTACH]...