Windows 10: Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action

Discus and support Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I ran an antivirus scan with Windows Defender and it found a threat, more specifically it says it is a "VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.XZ". I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CMsrataN, May 15, 2020.

1. CMsrataN Win User

Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action

Hello,

I ran an antivirus scan with Windows Defender and it found a threat, more specifically it says it is a "VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.XZ". I tried to take action using the action slide bar and tried both removing it and quarantining it, but clicking on either just closed the slide bar with the options and didn't take care of the threat. I reopened the actions slide bar and clicked on both remove and quarantine multiple times but nothing ever happened. I then decided to follow the path it told me the virus was in and I manually deleted it then emptied my recycle bin to try to delete it for good, though the threat still remains in Windows Defender. I am very concerned and do not know what to do.

I would very much appreciate some help with this problem, thank you very much and have a good day!

:)

CMsrataN, May 15, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, May 15, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 15, 2020
  4. Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action

Quick Actions (tiles) slow after Creators Update

Hi,

This problem may occur if there are corrupted system files on your computer or a third-party antivirus software that prevents these options. For us to better assist you, we would like to verify if you're pertaining about the Action Center options? Check
    the image below.

Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action f071e295-5e9c-46e0-98c7-b79822faf013.png

If yes, we suggest that you remove the quick actions on the notification settings and add the actions again. Follow these steps on how to add or remove quick actions from the notification settings:

• On Cortana search, type notifications & actions settings.
    • Choose Notifications & actions settings from the list.
    • Click on Add or remove quick actions.
    • Just toggle the On/Off button on all quick actions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action

1. Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action - Similar Threads - Antivirus allowing action

2. Window defender not taking action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender not taking action: Window defender isn't removing this nor securing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-not-taking-action/db225d7d-8949-405a-b78e-10c208c7d6d5
  3. Window defender not taking action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window defender not taking action: Window defender isn't removing this nor securing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-not-taking-action/db225d7d-8949-405a-b78e-10c208c7d6d5
  4. How to make Vipre Antivirus work? Windows Action Center won't let me turn it on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Vipre Antivirus work? Windows Action Center won't let me turn it on.: Windows action center won't let me turn on my Vipre Antivirus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-vipre-antivirus-work-windows-action/279e4735-28f8-4661-ac87-26d03b1af085
  5. Take Action on Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Take Action on Virus: Threat has take actions [Original Title: Virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/take-action-on-virus/c432d23c-9d53-409a-b8d3-bf2b205e3076
  6. Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions.

Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions.: I go to Windows Security/Virus and threat protection/manage settings/Exclusions I hit add exclusion, select the folder I want to exclude then hit ok. It then makes me grant admin rights and then nothing happens I am the only account and it is admin. There is nothing on the...
  7. Defender not able to take action

Defender not able to take action: I got some Hacktool:win32/autoKMS threat but my defender is not performing any action on it. Is there any solution??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-not-able-to-take-action/3f9488a7-0bd8-4f66-b29a-1b73fd47f843
  8. take actions windows defender

take actions windows defender: So i had this threat that said it affected my desktop i ran a test on windows defender and found the threat i keep on clicking take actions but it doesn't do anything, however i did a test with malwarebytes and the threat got removed but windows defender is still saying that...
  9. Not allowing me to take the path exception to re-activate my windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not allowing me to take the path exception to re-activate my windows: Hi, after installing a new motherboard to my computer I've had a problem re-activating my windows 10. I had a digital license because i upgraded from windows 8 to 10 for free. I follow through with all the support steps online and go to the troubleshooter and try doing the...
  10. Action center reports Windows Defender and antivirus not active

Action center reports Windows Defender and antivirus not active: Very frequently (many times per session), I get the following pop-up message : "Check virus protection. Windows Defender and Trend Micro OfficeScan Anitvirus are both turned off. Tap or click to see installed antivirus apps. Security and Maintenance." I go to the Action...