Windows 10: Windows antivirus protection

Discus and support Windows antivirus protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I turned off my Microsoft antivirus defender and want to turn it back on but I don't see any options to turn it back on.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BilalAbdallah1, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Windows antivirus protection

I turned off my Microsoft antivirus defender and want to turn it back on but I don't see any options to turn it back on.

:)

BilalAbdallah1, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Soghpar Win User
    PC antivirus protection

Hi Everyone,

I have windows 10 installed on both my laptops. Is windows defender an antivirus. Should I download a free antivirus program from the internet such as AVG free or MacAfee free? Are they safe? How can I protect my laptops from Virus and Malware?
    Any suggestions? Please reply.

Thank You

Soghpar, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows antivirus protection

Windows Defender Antivirus protection

In your previous threads you indicated you were using a third party antivirus program so I assume you are a "new" user of Windows Defender.

Any other security program installed?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

See the reply of quietman7 in this thread:windowsdefender wont turn on.

If the issue continues recommend you follow the steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware with programs such as the Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Malwarebytes and running
    the software removal tools for any security software (AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer (to include a trial copy of McAfee or Norton or another program that may have been preinstalled on a new computer).
    See List of
    anti-malware product removal tools
    and be sure to restart the computer after running such tools.

You might also want to review http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/ Good
    article but ignore the ads!

If you cannot resolve these issues with Windows Defender please post back in this thread with further information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows antivirus protection

1. Windows antivirus protection - Similar Threads - antivirus protection

2. How can I have it so my antivirus and threat protection show up in my Windows security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I have it so my antivirus and threat protection show up in my Windows security?: I recently tried accessing the antivirus and threat protection but every time I try it says the It had blocked the page and its not available. I have spent many hours trying different ways to fix it and none of them fixed my problem. Every solution I have tried have just...
  3. How can I have it so my antivirus and threat protection show up in my Windows security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I have it so my antivirus and threat protection show up in my Windows security?: I recently tried accessing the antivirus and threat protection but every time I try it says the It had blocked the page and its not available. I have spent many hours trying different ways to fix it and none of them fixed my problem. Every solution I have tried have just...
  4. After uninstalling antivirus the Virus and threat protection not working , I tries every...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After uninstalling antivirus the Virus and threat protection not working , I tries every...: after resetting the devices the virus and thread protection is working with the antivirus software but after uninstalling the antivirus the virus and thread protection is not open as before and says the same that its IT administrator has limited access please help me , even...
  5. After uninstalling antivirus the Virus and threat protection not working , I tries every...

After uninstalling antivirus the Virus and threat protection not working , I tries every...: after resetting the devices the virus and thread protection is working with the antivirus software but after uninstalling the antivirus the virus and thread protection is not open as before and says the same that its IT administrator has limited access please help me , even...
  6. I have a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or...: My question is simple but very important to me.I have got a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or with Windows Defender I am sufficiently covered?...
  7. I have a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or...

I have a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or...: My question is simple but very important to me.I have got a new laptop with Windows 11, do I need to get extra antivirus malware protection or with Windows Defender I am sufficiently covered?...
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection: We use Windows 11 with Microsoft Defender Antivirus and tamper protection enabled. During a penetest we found out, that Microsoft Defender Antivirus can be easily disabled by installing a third Party antivirus solution, even tamper protection is enabled. Of course, local...
  9. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection

Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Tamper Protection: We use Windows 11 with Microsoft Defender Antivirus and tamper protection enabled. During a penetest we found out, that Microsoft Defender Antivirus can be easily disabled by installing a third Party antivirus solution, even tamper protection is enabled. Of course, local...
  10. Unable to turn on real time protection. It show "you are using another antivirus provider"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on real time protection. It show "you are using another antivirus provider": On startup it give a pop-up "your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to acess is not available. contact it helpdesyk for more inforation"i dont have any 3rd party antivirus installed.please helpi have attached 3 screenshots....