Windows 10: Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions.

Discus and support Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I go to Windows Security/Virus and threat protection/manage settings/Exclusions I hit add exclusion, select the folder I want to exclude then hit ok.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ty1976, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Ty1976 Win User

Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions.

I go to Windows Security/Virus and threat protection/manage settings/Exclusions

I hit add exclusion, select the folder I want to exclude then hit ok. It then makes me grant admin rights and then nothing happens I am the only account and it is admin. There is nothing on the exclusion list.

I have no other antivirus software installed.

I have tried this with a clean boot, disabling all startup programs and services.

:)

Ty1976, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus Scan exclusions

If there is anything in Windows Defender Exclusion list, then it won't be scan and if it is malicious program, it won't detect.

It is better to remove all programs from exclusion list (if you didn't add them) and run a full system scan with Windows Defender.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Tenforo, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Antivirus Will not allow me to to add exclusions. - Similar Threads - Antivirus allow add

2. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add an exclusion for windows defender: i'm trying to add an exclusion for a file however it won't show up i even checked registery editor and it is not there at all. What can i do to fix this problem?...
  3. OneDrive desktop client antivirus exclusions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive desktop client antivirus exclusions: Hi, is there any way to tell OneDrive to stop scanning a given file, a given folder or a given file type for virus ? I have some basic text files .md ,txt that contains code examples that are flagged as virus. I tried to zip the file, stripping the file extension, etc,...
  4. add an exclusion in Windows Security

add an exclusion in Windows Security: For some reason the "Add an exclusion" in Windows Security has stopped working. I cannot add an exclusion. When I select a folder to exclude it does not show in Exclusions and all the previous exclusions have disappeared....
  5. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions: Can anybody tell me why the exclusions are invisible here, despite the fact that I have added many folders and files.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus-exclusions/5c2689fd-4ea4-415b-aac9-9203aff44bcc
  6. Windows Defender not letting me add exclusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender not letting me add exclusion: This is driving me nuts and I can't find anything anywhere about it, so here goes nothing. My dad (despite me telling multiple times it is not necessary) decided to run a full defender scan on our main house PC. Problem is, one of the mounted drives is our Google Drive...
  7. Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action

Windows Antivirus not allowing me to take action: Hello, I ran an antivirus scan with Windows Defender and it found a threat, more specifically it says it is a "VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.XZ". I tried to take action using the action slide bar and tried both removing it and quarantining it, but clicking on either just closed...
  8. Unable to add exclusion in Windows Security

Unable to add exclusion in Windows Security: I am trying to exclude a file from being incorrectly quarantined by Windows Security. It is a definite false positive, it is an application I have been using since Windows 7, and has recently been quarantined by Windows Security. I go through the following route: Windows...
  9. Add Exclusions

Add Exclusions: I am in windows security, Virus & threat protection. According to windows it should have an option to manage settings(but it doesn't) then under Exclusions there is suppose to be an option to add or remove exclusions(but there's not. Need help please....
  10. Recommended Windows 10 Antivirus exclusions

Recommended Windows 10 Antivirus exclusions: Does anyone have a link to what files and folders should be excluded for our antivirus software (McAfee)? I've tried googling but can't find anything for Windows 10 44836