Windows 10: Windows App file will not let me open it

Discus and support Windows App file will not let me open it in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I want to get into the Windows App file, but it says I do not have permission to access the file, and to go to the security settings. I went there to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NathanCleveland, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Windows App file will not let me open it

I want to get into the Windows App file, but it says I do not have permission to access the file, and to go to the security settings. I went there to grant myself access, but it won't let me.

How do I get access to this file? Also, how can I change which drive it saves to? I want it saved to my D: drive instead of the C: drive.

:)

NathanCleveland, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows App file will not let me open it :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Windows App file will not let me open it

What App to use to open a .mht file?

I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files.

I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text.

EyeInTheSky, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows App file will not let me open it

1. Windows App file will not let me open it - Similar Threads - App file let

2. Why Pearson Onvue not let me open app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Pearson Onvue not let me open app: Every time I go to open Onvue App before my test to make sure everything is good and it gives me good to go. But when I go to do the test at 15 mins early either it says that my my internet is not good enough or the whole app won’t even open. So like I’m confused how it can...
  3. Why Pearson Onvue not let me open app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Pearson Onvue not let me open app: Every time I go to open Onvue App before my test to make sure everything is good and it gives me good to go. But when I go to do the test at 15 mins early either it says that my my internet is not good enough or the whole app won’t even open. So like I’m confused how it can...
  4. The .xlsx file extension is not letting me set a default app for opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The .xlsx file extension is not letting me set a default app for opening.: *** Moved from Excel by Mod ***I recently upgraded to Win 11 and I don't recall this being an issue for me in windows 10. My office version is Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise.When I launch an excel file with the extension .xlsx, it by default launches in notepad. When I...
  5. The .xlsx file extension is not letting me set a default app for opening.

The .xlsx file extension is not letting me set a default app for opening.: *** Moved from Excel by Mod ***I recently upgraded to Win 11 and I don't recall this being an issue for me in windows 10. My office version is Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise.When I launch an excel file with the extension .xlsx, it by default launches in notepad. When I...
  6. Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps: I have had an issue with windows search where I am unable to open Microsoft office apps. Not only that, but the search results are inconsistent with what is actually installed on the PC. Many installed apps just don't show up when I search for them.How did things get ruined...
  7. Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps: I have had an issue with windows search where I am unable to open Microsoft office apps. Not only that, but the search results are inconsistent with what is actually installed on the PC. Many installed apps just don't show up when I search for them.How did things get ruined...
  8. Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. wont let me open office app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wont let me open office app: It shows I'm logged into microsoft account and its working, when I try to open up an excel worksheet, tells me I have an error. I then have to delete it from my PC and then add it back on, this has been happening for a month now....
  10. Windows 10 update wont let me open an app

Windows 10 update wont let me open an app: i just did an update for my device after restarting it, i restarted it because i changed my VRAM from 128mb to 512mb, i wanted to run an app better. after restarting my laptop i tried to open the app and it wouldnt open. i pressed it and it a blue bar showed up next to the...