Windows 10: Windows app folder on secondary drive causing major problems

Discus and support Windows app folder on secondary drive causing major problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I finished building a new PC but now it turns out I cant use my D drive for my game pass games (or any win 10 apps for the matter) essentially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jib connoisseur, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Windows app folder on secondary drive causing major problems

So I finished building a new PC but now it turns out I cant use my D drive for my game pass games (or any win 10 apps for the matter) essentially locking me out of the service.

so now I have 2 windows app folders on 2 drives and I can’t get rid of the 2nd that is preventing me from reinstalling my games.

:)

Jib connoisseur, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Droyk Win User
    How to get Access to windows Apps folder on the secondary drive ?

what are you talking about I am talking about windows apps folder which is in
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps this is their default location I ....I am really sorry If I am wrong but I think this is the original and their default location.

and if you want to access this location user have to change the permission which I did and I got in only in the default location not on the secondary drive

Windows app folder on secondary drive causing major problems [​IMG]

This is the default location of windows apps folder I can access this folder without any headaches at all

then I go to settings > system > storage and go to saves location and changed the windows apps saves location

and when I go to my local disk D I can't get access no matter what I do I change the permissions but still can't get access to it at all

these are the permissions of the folder

Don't worry about it ..I already know the consequences & I already know how to revert or restore my permissions back...and even If that doesn't work then I already have my full hardisk back...SO don't worry about it

Droyk, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows app folder on secondary drive causing major problems

Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows app folder on secondary drive causing major problems

1. Windows app folder on secondary drive causing major problems - Similar Threads - app folder secondary

2. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  3. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  4. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hard Drive Major Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Major Problem: So about a month or 2 ago, I installed an external hard drive on my pc since I got about 160Gb free for games. Because im lacking money, I used a xbox Seagate hard drive that I formated to work on my pc. But recently each time I try to do something with the said hard drive,...
  6. Hard Drive Major Problem

Hard Drive Major Problem: So about a month or 2 ago, I installed an external hard drive on my pc since I got about 160Gb free for games. Because im lacking money, I used a xbox Seagate hard drive that I formated to work on my pc. But recently each time I try to do something with the said hard drive,...
  7. Hard Drive Major Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows created folder on secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows created folder on secondary hard drive: Windows 10 is running on the ssd drive c. I have a second drive in the notebook and windows is creating a folder on that drive D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps and when I delete the folder then windows will recreate it.How do I stop this from occurring?Thank you....
  9. Problems to download apps on secondary drive

Problems to download apps on secondary drive: Since the last update of windows i cant install or update apps of the microsoft store I have to uninstall it, install it in the main drive C: and move to the secondary drive (in my case S: ) Its a fast solution BUT i want to download GoW4 a 133Gb game and i only have 90Gb...
  10. How to get Access to windows Apps folder on the secondary drive ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Access to windows Apps folder on the secondary drive ?: You are about to read some bad English. and I am really sorry about it. I am not a native English speaker. Hey Guys, Good Evening I am having some problems I want to know that how can I get access to windows apps folder after moving it to D drive I have tried everything...