Windows 10: Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied

Discus and support Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used the Windows 10 Ring Doorbell app to setup my Ring 2 Doorbell months ago and to setup and at times change the motion detection settings. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rokjoy, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Rokjoy Win User

Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied

I used the Windows 10 Ring Doorbell app to setup my Ring 2 Doorbell months ago and to setup and at times change the motion detection settings.

In early September 2019, the Windows 10 Doorbell app stopped allowing the setup or changing of the Motion Detection settings (which via the Windows 10 app are in the OFF state). This issue also exists on two other Windows 10 Desktop computers.

To be clear: the same Ring doorbell Motion Detection is set via IOS (Apple) App and motion is being detected, even though the Windows App says Motion Detection is not applied.

Has anyone else experienced this Windows App issue and/or have a resolution?

:)

Rokjoy, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Regina G Win User

Ring doorbell 2

I have a Ring doorbell 2. Everything is working...sound, movement, etc. except the video. Is there something on my computer that is preventing me from viewing the live action of the Ring app? I have done everything, reinstalling (over and over again)
    to no avail. Unplugged my router/modem as well. Please, is there something on my computer that is not added to or checked that might prevent the video from activating.

Regina G, Sep 20, 2019
  3. TomW_529 Win User
    Ring Doorbell app quit working on Windows 10 ver 1709

The Ring doorbell app used to work fine on Windows 10.

Now when I try to run it I get "Something went wrong Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied :( " and "The error code is 0x800700A1".

I have tried doing a repair on it and then uninstall and re-install the app from the Microsoft store.

Nothing has worked. My Windows 10 version is 1709

Can anyone help with this?

TomW_529, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied

Unable to set pin for motion controller bluetooth pairing.

Hi Joe,

This issue might have caused by a misconfigured Bluetooth settings. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality
    . In the Motion Controllers section, look for
    Motion Controller Troubleshooting Flowchart sub-section. Follow the steps according to the flowchart given on the sub-section.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied

1. Windows App for Ring 2 Doorbell, motion settings cannot be set, changed or applied - Similar Threads - App Ring Doorbell

2. Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell?: I realize this might be a bit too granular for this website, but I'm running out of ideas.I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 laptop with Windows 11. I also have a Ring video doorbell. I had been getting Rich Notifications a snap shot in the notification banner of whatever event...
  3. Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Notifications settings for Ring Video Doorbell?: I realize this might be a bit too granular for this website, but I'm running out of ideas.I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 laptop with Windows 11. I also have a Ring video doorbell. I had been getting Rich Notifications a snap shot in the notification banner of whatever event...
  4. Cannot change default apps in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change default apps in settings: Profile is administratorClick SETTINGSClick APPSClick DEFAULT APPSClick the > to expand the list of associationsNOTHING after that works...I can click all day on the bar, and the extension anything, and nothing will bring up the normal menu to choose the default program.I...
  5. Cannot change default apps in settings

Cannot change default apps in settings: Profile is administratorClick SETTINGSClick APPSClick DEFAULT APPSClick the > to expand the list of associationsNOTHING after that works...I can click all day on the bar, and the extension anything, and nothing will bring up the normal menu to choose the default program.I...
  6. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Customization
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  7. I cannot change any setting in the Settings app

I cannot change any setting in the Settings app: Hello. I am unable to change any settings in the Settings app. Even if I try to enable any setting, it changes back to off immediately. I am running a version of Windows 10 Pro, and I have tried running sfc /scannow Please help!...
  8. Microphone settings will not apply

Microphone settings will not apply: Hi really I need of help. my microphone keeps resetting to 100 when I start app a new game or app even with my settings switched to not allow apps to alter my microphone. if I could just apply a lower volume to my microphone it would be fine but in the microphone settings the...
  9. Ring doorbell 2

Ring doorbell 2: I have a Ring doorbell 2. Everything is working...sound, movement, etc. except the video. Is there something on my computer that is preventing me from viewing the live action of the Ring app? I have done everything, reinstalling (over and over again) to no avail....
  10. RIng Doorbell App not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RIng Doorbell App not working: Was reading issues with Windows 10 and the Ring door bell app not working, I'm having the same problem talk to ring tech and they are saying that it is a windows update issue. Please help me into solveing this problem, I have reinstalled windows 10 uninstalled updates. still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ring app closes when i try to adjust motion settings