Windows 10: Windows App not launching

Discus and support Windows App not launching in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I am working on a WPF windows application. Whenever I launch this App for the first time in my system it creates a folder insider temp of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KashishGoyal, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Windows App not launching

Hi,I am working on a WPF windows application. Whenever I launch this App for the first time in my system it creates a folder insider temp of windows viz. temp/.net/{ProjectName}.Sometimes the App doesn't launch until I clear this folder i.e. temp/.net/{ProjectName} so I have to first go and clear the temp folder and then my windows app gets launched.Is there any permanent solution for this?

:)

KashishGoyal, Nov 26, 2021

2. Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

Hi Deep,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with launching apps. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect App settings.

• App is corrupt.
    Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps. If not, try these steps:

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to re-register all Windows Store Apps by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Altidias Win User

Windows App not launching

Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows App not launching

1. Windows App not launching - Similar Threads - App launching

2. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  3. "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo.: The "Microsoft 365 Office App" hangs at the launch screen logo. I've tried:Restart machineRepairResetUninstall/InstallWindows info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎27/‎2023 OS build 22621.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  4. Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.: I'm encountering an error when launching some apps. Are there any ways to fix it?---------------------------------------------------------------See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception...
  5. Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.

Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.: I'm encountering an error when launching some apps. Are there any ways to fix it?---------------------------------------------------------------See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception...
  6. Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Apps and games randomly closing after launching them on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and games randomly closing after launching them on Windows 10: So, yesterday I was using FL Studio 20 on my PC like I normally do, but the app closed out of the blue after a couple of minutes and didn't show any error or something. It's like I simply closed it but without me doing it. It wasn't a simple FL Studio crash, because it...
  8. Apps and games randomly closing after launching them on Windows 10

Apps and games randomly closing after launching them on Windows 10: So, yesterday I was using FL Studio 20 on my PC like I normally do, but the app closed out of the blue after a couple of minutes and didn't show any error or something. It's like I simply closed it but without me doing it. It wasn't a simple FL Studio crash, because it...
  9. Apps and games randomly closing after launching them on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Multiple apps not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple apps not launching: Steam was failing to launch multiple games. I have went through all the troubleshooting steps I can find. Re-installing the games, restoring an old version of windows, turned anti virus off, restarted PC multiple times, full virus and malware scan, finally I uninstalled steam...