Windows 10: Windows app not working

Discus and support Windows app not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just found this, so maybe I should wait and see what is happening with it. " Recently, Microsoft released a new Store experience to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dakota37, May 11, 2016.

1. Dakota37 Win User

Windows app not working

Just found this, so maybe I should wait and see what is happening with it.

"
    Recently, Microsoft released a new Store experience to Windows 10 users. The new Store experience was really rough and had a lot of bugs — to put it simply, the new experience wasn’t ready for the public and may have been pushed by mistake.

Now, it seems like Microsoft has pulled the new Store experience. If you are running the old Windows Store, you will not be able to get the new update — even if you are in the Insider program. Of course, this was probably intentional and it makes a lot of sense considering the fact that the new Store experience is still half-baked. Some of the features of the new Store experience is broken, and the user interface is quite messy.

Microsoft is working on improving the new Store experience internally. The company will continue to make changes internally, and it will hopefully be ready for the public before the release of the Anniversary Update for Windows 10."

Dakota37, May 22, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, May 22, 2016
  3. Dakota37 Win User
    Dakota37, May 25, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows app not working

Sorry. I have no more ideas.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  5. Dakota37 Win User
    Yea, me too. Thanks a lot though for all the time you did spend with me. I appreciate it.

Dakota37, May 25, 2016
  6. Dakota37 Win User
    Maybe this might be a clue. I went to MS downloads and even from there in my browser, clicked on store and still nothing. Hope, hope, maybe more help.

Dakota37, Jun 2, 2016
  7. Dakota37 Win User
    Hey DavidHK, I hate to bother you again and I have really appreciated your help on this. I have downloaded Win10 .ISO file and burned it to a DVD. Thought I would reinstall it over the existing program. Think that would work or should I do a new install of it?

Dakota37, Jun 13, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Windows app not working

A Clean Install most likely will solve the problem.
    The downside is : you will not be allowed to keep anything.
    Better backup your files if you want to keep them.
    All your installed 3rd party programs will have to be re-installed.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

davidhk, Jun 13, 2016
  9. Dakota37 Win User
    Thanks, not sure I want to do that as it takes toooooo long to get everything back in.

Dakota37, Jun 14, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    I have no more ideas to share with you.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows app not working

1. Windows app not working - Similar Threads - app working

2. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  3. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  4. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  5. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  6. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  7. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  8. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

9. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.: I have computers for my kids where I have admin rights so I can approve screen time. Since they are admin on their computers is there a way I can stop them from using “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. I want them only to log in as themselves so access...
  10. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.: I have computers for my kids where I have admin rights so I can approve screen time. Since they are admin on their computers is there a way I can stop them from using “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. I want them only to log in as themselves so access...