Windows 10: Windows app not working

Discus and support Windows app not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have not used it for a while but last night I tried to go to Windows 10 Store app and it would not come up. Looked like it started to and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dakota37, May 11, 2016.

1. Dakota37 Win User

Windows app not working

I have not used it for a while but last night I tried to go to Windows 10 Store app and it would not come up. Looked like it started to and then stopped or closed back down again.

:)

Dakota37, May 11, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, May 11, 2016
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, May 11, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows app not working

2 suggestions :

1. Do a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

2. Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...ws-8-10-a.html

davidhk, May 11, 2016
  5. Dakota37 Win User
    It ended up as #1. So where do I go now?

Dakota37, May 12, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I gave you 2 suggestions.
    Yes ?
    Please read post #2 again.

davidhk, May 12, 2016
  7. groze Win User
    groze, May 12, 2016
  8. Dakota37 Win User

Windows app not working

Still not fixed, so how do I do this oops saw that will give it a go.

Dakota37, May 12, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, May 12, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    First, I am not sure what did you mean by " still working on it ".
    Does that mean you were working on the suggestions given to you, or does it mean you were working for a solution ?

Secondly, one day has passed. What is the current status ?

If you issue still unresolved, my suggestion will be doing a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

If you find the tutorial a bit intimidating, see if this will help..................

Go to Tech Bench site and download your edition of Windows 10
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/soft...load/techbench

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select your edition of Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  11. Dakota37 Win User
    It is still unresolved. I like this way of trying to get back , thanks will let you know.

Dakota37, May 19, 2016
  12. Dakota37 Win User
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin. This is where I am having a problem. I saw "Mount" with more words, can't remember them right now, but I did click on that but saw no setup.exe, so closed it hope I have not done any harm.

Dakota37, May 20, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Windows app not working

Not sure why you cannot find Setup.exe.
    Can you post a screenshot of what you see after you click Mount ?

This is what I see if I right click at the iso > then click Mount .........

Windows app not working [​IMG]

davidhk, May 20, 2016
  14. Dakota37 Win User
    I found the setup file, had to go to the drive it created and find it. I got it done but, still no go. When I click on the store icon, it looks like it is going to come up but real quick even before it sets, it closes. Would have thought it would over write that file if it were corrupted or something. Really appreciating your patience on this.

Dakota37, May 20, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    Sorry, I m out of ideas.

Please wait a bit for someone else to come along.
    Good luck.

davidhk, May 20, 2016
Thema:

Windows app not working

1. Windows app not working - Similar Threads - app working

2. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  3. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  4. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  5. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  6. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  7. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  8. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

9. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.: I have computers for my kids where I have admin rights so I can approve screen time. Since they are admin on their computers is there a way I can stop them from using “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. I want them only to log in as themselves so access...
  10. Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.

Stop “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app.: I have computers for my kids where I have admin rights so I can approve screen time. Since they are admin on their computers is there a way I can stop them from using “add new user” as a work-around for the family safety app. I want them only to log in as themselves so access...