Windows 10: Windows app Operation returned due to timeout period.

Discus and support Windows app Operation returned due to timeout period. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Little background. I have my hardrive split in two. C drive and E drive. C is for the basic pc stuff so there's only like 100gb of space in it and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zyntherius_2, May 29, 2020.

1. Windows app Operation returned due to timeout period.

Little background.

I have my hardrive split in two. C drive and E drive. C is for the basic pc stuff so there's only like 100gb of space in it and the rest is in E:\

So i've installed PSO2 and Minecraft Dungeons into E:\ because of the space. However when i try to launch either one of those two apps from the xbox or the windows store i get the long directory of each of the .exe files labeled under C:\ instead of E:\

"C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64_wyfsmff9ynw7j\pso2startup.exe This operation returned because of timeout period expired"

Same with Dungeons.exe except with a different sub path.

Now I did try to ring windows support but after 20 minutes of being on hold they cut my call. Probably because i requested it not to be recorded... but thats just me being paranoid.

Is there anyone that can help?

I know windowsapp folder is Very secretive with its permissions... "What? You own the pc... You're the pc administrator? Nah mate ya don't have the right permissions" Which i don't know why they've done that.

:)

Zyntherius_2, May 29, 2020

2. This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired

Hello all. I have a problem when opening an application that I installed from Microsoft Store and also when opening the Task Manager and Windows Start. when opening the application there was the words "This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired"

when I open the writing task manager there is "C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exe This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired"

why did this happen?

Fahmi_2504, May 29, 2020
  3. This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

Windows Update gave me the Fall Creators Update. I installed it one day back. And now, Start doesn't open, settings, windows apps don't open. For all of those, I get this error "This operation returned because the timeout period expired."

I can't open any of the system applications.

Run works and powershell opens too. I've restarted twice before posting question her.

Help me out.

Vivek Pothina, May 29, 2020
  4. Windows app Operation returned due to timeout period.

An error occured while Windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com. This operation returned because the timeout period expired

the issue is not resolved even after following the steps you have given. this is very annoying. i have to change the time each time i login.

daihriipaodumai, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows app Operation returned due to timeout period.

1. Windows app Operation returned due to timeout period. - Similar Threads - app Operation returned

2. USMTScanstate.exe will failed with return errorlevel 1460,timeout period expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USMTScanstate.exe will failed with return errorlevel 1460,timeout period expired: When I perform the USMT migration operation, I get a scanstate error, which is in the same position every time, and I try again 3 times without success.I checked all the error logs and found that the error was returned when WMIMigrationPlugin.dll was called for 10 minutes.We...
  3. USMTScanstate.exe will failed with return errorlevel 1460,timeout period expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USMTScanstate.exe will failed with return errorlevel 1460,timeout period expired: When I perform the USMT migration operation, I get a scanstate error, which is in the same position every time, and I try again 3 times without success.I checked all the error logs and found that the error was returned when WMIMigrationPlugin.dll was called for 10 minutes.We...
  4. 'this operation returned because the timeout period expired' in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'this operation returned because the timeout period expired' in windows 11: hi microsoft, dont know what but from a few days its showing as 'this operation returned because the timeout period expired' in windows 11 when opening ms-windows store settings and some other apps the question is why am i getting that?and i cant find gpedit.msc and cmd what...
  5. 'this operation returned because the timeout period expired' in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'this operation returned because the timeout period expired' in windows 11: hi microsoft, dont know what but from a few days its showing as 'this operation returned because the timeout period expired' in windows 11 when opening ms-windows store settings and some other apps the question is why am i getting that?and i cant find gpedit.msc and cmd what...
  6. This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired: Hey all, so im having an issue launching Minecraft Dungeons from the microsoft store. It isnt launching and it says this plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-operation-returned-because-timeout-period/948de1d2-2d49-4026-b9c2-c2bc8f31da43
  7. This Operation returned because the time out period expired

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This Operation returned because the time out period expired: Hi, Whenever I try to open a video or picture or any other file on desktop or file explorer or any other app it says "This operation returned because the timeout period expired" Pls help me...
  8. This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired: All UWP games now return the above error a while after attempting to start. All were working fine a couple of days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-operation-returned-because-timeout-period/052408ea-6886-4427-92f4-e47cd61b667b
  9. "The operation returned because timeout expired"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "The operation returned because timeout expired": [ATTACH] Most programs except snipping tool and chrome don't work. Even the Start Menu and Task Manager don't work. They give the same message every time. The message appears a long time after I click them. I'm on build 1709 trying to upgrade to 1809. Note that this is a...
  10. This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired: Hello all. I have a problem when opening an application that I installed from Microsoft Store and also when opening the Task Manager and Windows Start. when opening the application there was the words "This Operation Returned Because Timeout period Expired" when I open the...